Best Gas and Charcoal BBQ Grill Reviews
No backyard or patio is ever complete without a barbecue grill. Sorting through the huge amount of grills available on the market can be a daunting task. This article will help guide you towards find the best grill that give you amazing juicy meats to enjoy. Before moving on however, a quick introduction on the difference between charcoal and gas grills will help you find the grill that suits your needs.
Charcoal Vs Gas
- Cheap: Charcoal grills are usually made of easy to manufacture items, as such they are usually much cheaper. Also, the charcoal that is used as fuel by these grills are readily available for cheap prices.
- High temperatures : The best charcoal grills have temperatures that can reach up to 900 °F which allows meat to sear and produce that wonderful juicy cut you always order at restaurants.
- Flavor : The smokiness of the grill infuses the meat with a smoky flavor. The longer it burns, the longer it infuses within the meat. Gas grills will have you adding wood chips to add that wanted smoky flavor you want on your steak or ribs.
- Hard to clean: Having to deal with the ash and leftover coal is a pain after enjoying a great meal.
- Hard to control temperature: While there are many techniques and additions on your charcoal grill that can help you control the temperature. Gas grills usually just have a dial that can change that almost instantly
Gas Grills: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Easy to learn: There is no need to use a 2 zone setup or other techniques to create different heat zones for your gas grill. A lot of gas grills come with different heat plates that have different temperatures and allow you to control the degree at which your meat cooks
- Easy cleaning : The best gas bbq grills only require you clean the grates with a bristle and maybe other parts of your gas grill every 2-3 months if you are grill frequently .
- Accessories: Many bbq brands for gas grills tend to offer rotisserie kits, smoke boxes, burners on the side as well storage for their gas grill models.
- Safety : Gas is dangerous to handle and buildups can happen on days were the wind is not in your favor. Also, gas bottles in hot places around the summer season can rupture. Safety is a paramount detail to look out for when looking for a gas grill.
- Expensive : The systems involved in getting the gas grills barbecue ready are complex and while propane or natural gas are cheap, charcoal is still cheaper to grill with.
Before deciding what the best charcoal grill is, we used the below criteria for the BBQ reviews :
Best Charcoal Grills
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch
Most neighborhoods I lived in had a house or 2 that showed one of these gorgeous grills. With a 22 inch hinged grate, you can easily cook 3-4 steaks or 10 burger patties and be certain they don’t fall off the grill! Coupled with a damper to control the heat easily and a one touch cleaning system to get rid of all that ash and leftover charcoal, this choice was a no brainer. You can also purchase the little brother which comes a little cheaper without the large aluminum ash cleaner.
Weber Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill
If you liked the Weber 22.5 Premium but feel like you want an entire integrated system, the Performer Platinum is exactly what you are looking for. It shares the same 22.5 inch hinged grate and one touch cleaning system however it comes with a couple of extra features. The first is the Electric Touch-N-Go gas ignition system that ignites the charcoal using a liquid propane tank that can be attached next to the grill. This will have your charcoal ready in about 5 minutes. Complementing that is the built-in thermometer into the lid that can give you accurate readings of the air within your grill.
The second feature is the weather protected charcoal bag on the side, this can double as trash basket in case you have already sorted out your charcoal storage and the cover can be used as a table for all your ingredients Weber also added some structural changes such as sturdier wheels and a removable cook timer. All in all, this is a grill that is well worth your time and money.
Napoleon Mirage PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill
The Napoleon Mirage is the charcoal grill that adds every feature you wanted or will always want after getting it. It features a giant 605 square inches of main grilling area, almost twice the size of the 2 weber grills mentioned below. It also comes in with a rear rotisserie burner which can slowly grill your meats to an even juicy perfection.
Napolean also added a front loading charcoal door to easily load up charcoal and made the bed adjustable so you can try all those various new techniques in grilling or smoking your meats. There are also vents and temperature gauges built in to control the temperature and a built-in hook cabinet at the bottom for all your needs. There is also an ash bin and drip pan to keep the grill easy to clean and maintain. All these features creates the perfect environment to enjoy the best charcoal bbq around the year with the least amount of hassle.
Best Gas Grills
Gas grills since the beginning of the millennium have counted for a larger amount of sales than the charcoal grills. To enjoy the best gas BBQ, the gas grill reviews are separated by 3 price ranges(Under $500,$1000,$2000) that start at a higher point than their charcoal counterparts. The criteria for selecting the gas grills are:
Since there are many extra features in the gas grills, having a grill with good build quality makes sure it is easy to maintain as it ages and won’t cause any issues.
In this criteria we look for additions that would make grilling easier and better and add a much more enjoyable experience to any barbecue gathering.
Cleaning a charcoal grill can be an annoying task, luckily many makers now tend to take this into account and add certain improvements to make the cleaning process much shorter.
Weber Spirit E310 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Black
The 424 square inch cooking area and 105 square inch warming area Weber E310 gives the person in charge of grilling duty enough workspace to grill anything from a turkey to a platoon’s worth of burger patties servings! Build quality is excellent with Weber making sure that all their components on the cook box require minimal care and maintenance. All the burner tubes are stainless steel and are resistant to rust and burn-throughs. Their grease management system allows any drips to either go to the flavorizer bars or the grease disposal unit thus preventing flare-ups.
The Weber E310 comes with a fuel gauge to tell you what’s left in your Liquid propane tank. The grill also includes six tools hooks and a center mounted thermometer as well as two full-use tables that can be used for food preparations.
Weber Genesis S-330
The S-330 is highest end of the Genesis series from Weber grills. All models from the genesis series have 3 grills, however the S-330 comes packed with the features that seals the deal(and juices too). The cooking area is 637 inches with 507 for the primary cooking area and a warming rack area for anything you want to cook gently or keep warm. With a stainless steel shroud mounted with thermometer, it will help you know exact temperatures inside.
The S-330 features all the features that come with E310 and introduces the side burner which is perfect for searing the meat or cooking some bacon. It also comes with many grilling modes that allows the heat in the cook box to be distributed anyway you want. All in all, a great model to have the best gas BBQ consistently.
Napolean Prestige PRO 500
With 6 stainless steel straight tube burners, a side burner and a rotisserie burner, the Napolean Prestige PRO 500 is a great choice for your heavy duty grilling needs. At 900 square inches of total cooking area, the grill can serve parties quickly and efficiently. The grill comes ready with many features that make grilling all that more enjoyable. The Rear infrared burner allows your meat to be rotissed perfectly, the integrated ice bucket gives you ample place for all your beverages. The smoker box gives you that smoky flavor you’re looking for. The sear plates can be replaced by a charcoal plate that turns the gas grill into a charcoal grill at will. All the materials within the main grilling area are stainless steel to keep everything rust proof and safe while the grease and drippings are managed with sear plate design and the drip tray with the disposable insert.