Have you ever heard a noise in the front yard, but it was too dark and creepy for you to check it out? Have you ever gotten back home at night only to spend minutes searching for your keys in the dark? Are you trying to reduce your energy consumption and can take every bit of energy-efficient advice you can get? Then outdoor solar spot lights should be the next thing on your shopping list.
5 Best Outdoor Solar Spotlights Comparisons
|URPOWER Solar Lights||Check The Price|
|LITOM Solar Landscape Spotlights||Check The Price|
|InnoGear Upgraded Solar Lights||Check The Price|
|Nekteck Solar Lights||Check The Price|
|ROSHWEY Solar Spot Lights||Check The Price|
What to Look For
Having some light in your yard is never a bad idea because you never know when you might need some nocturnal visibility. But what are the main features and characteristics that you should look out for when you’re on the market searching for the best outdoor solar spotlights?
- The capacity and runtime of the batteries is, by far, the most important factor. Batteries will store the energy that the solar panels save throughout the day, so when these have a high capacity, they should normally be able to run for longer. You should look for batteries that hold charges for longer, which is a feature called “runtime”. Opt for solar spot lights that run on nickel-cadmium batteries, which are cheap and easy to install.
- Also, consider the outdoor perimeter that these lights have to cover. When you think about the size of your yard and how much light you actually need, you can redirect your attention towards a more specific light size, and that will make shopping a whole lot easier.
- The placement of the lights is super important when you’re dealing with bulbs that are powered by solar light. Where you’ll be placing the solar panels is important because batteries don’t have a quick charge option, as mobile phones do. You want to think about positioning beforehand, as this might actually determine the number of types of lights that you’ll choose in the end.
- Motion sensors are a really cool feature to have in solar spot lights. Whenever these sensors detect motion, the lights will automatically turn on, making them great for emergencies. This is important because of two reasons: you will save battery power by having the lights automatically turn off when not needed, but they will also alert you of movement in the yard because it’s easier to get distracted by lights suddenly turning on rather than by them staying on the whole time.
- Light sensors are useful in saving battery power as well, but they’re also a cool feature in a product designed for people who don’t want to manually turn the lights on and off. Light sensors will detect the amount of natural outdoor lights, which helps turn on the lights automatically when it gets dark, and turns them off at the break of dawn.
- Light adjustability can come in handy when you want to shed light on particular areas of your yard. Instead of actually moving the lights around, you can instead adjust the angle of the heads in order to create light in specific areas. This is even more useful for wall-mounted light because you can’t just take them down and put them up somewhere else whenever you want to change the illuminated area.
- Last, but not least, you want waterproof lights. When dealing with outdoor lighting solution, you want the system to be able to withstand harsh weather conditions, so these lights must be able to operate regardless of whether it’s really hot or pouring rain. Typically, these spot lights are made with some of steel or ABS plastic and the construction makes it so that the internal components are completely protected. Keep in mind that if the lights you choose have a solar panel mounted on top of them, you will have to clear the panel of any snow that might fall upon them in winter, otherwise, the sun’s rays won’t reach the panels and the batteries won’t charge.
But before you commit to any of the features above, you will have to consider what you need these outdoor solar spot lights in the first place. We are people who believe that in order to determine the right product for a person and avoid them having to spend money on features they don’t really care about, it’s important to prioritize the features and decide what they want a product to do for their particular situation.
For example, let’s assume that you arrive home late at night and park in a dark driveway. You will need solar lights that are able to illuminate that area so that you can make your way to the front door. If you’re standing in front of the door and it’s too dark for you to find your keys, then you need some wall-mounted lights so that you can search for them with ease.
If you want lights that are able to make your garden look more beautiful, you should opt for less big lights and go with more of the smaller ones, maybe even in multicolor options. Light with motion sensors might be more expensive, but they are also safer because they are triggered only if there’s an intruder in your yard (could be a person, could be a raccoon, who knows?).
Nevertheless, determining the purpose will help you redirect your attention to features that actually matter to you instead of pushing you to get lost in the multitude of marketing promises.
Top 5 Outdoor Solar Spotlight Reviews
Ready to dive into some of the best options currently found on the market? We’ve done and homework and bring before you the top seven best outdoor solar spot lights so that you can make an informed shopping decision.
URPOWER Solar Lights
- Number of lights: 2 lights x 4 LEDs each
- Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 3.5 inches
- Runtime: 6 - 9 hours
- Est. charging time: 4 - 5 hours
With a perfect balance between price and quality, URPOWER delivers its two-pack solar lights with specifications that are worthy of the “best overall” label. Available in cold white, warm white, and a multicolored version, each of the packs include two solar lights with four LED lights each.
The in-ground lights are installed by simply sticking the pointy end in the ground, which means that you won’t require any additional tools to install these. However, the lights also come with screws that allow you to mount them on the wall if need be. Each of the lights has its very own solar panel attached to it. The construction is entirely waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about the durability in harsh weather conditions.
They feature automatic lighting sensors, so that the lights will turn on automatically in low-light conditions, and they will automatically turn off at dawn. It takes about four or five hours for the lights to fully charge, and they have a total runtime that varies between six and nine hours. The adjustability feature allows swiveling of the solar panels (at 180 degrees) and of the light heads (90 degrees angle).
- Multiple light options available
- Double-mounting method
- Individual solar panels
- Adjustable angles
- No tools needed for in-ground installation
- Not a very long lifespan
If you trust best-selling, customer-approved, and good price-to-quality ratio types of products, the URPOWER delivers pretty much everything you need from a product of its kind.
LITOM Solar Landscape Spotlights
- Number of lights: 2 lights x 6 LEDs each
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 5 x 2.7 inches
- Runtime: 12 hours in low-light mode/6 hours in high-light mode
- Est. charging time: 4 - 5 hours
Here is one of the market’s most favorite outdoor solar spot lights at the current time, with 12 LEDs that have a brightness of 600 lumens. But what else can you expect to get from this product? You have the possibility to select between two lighting options: the low-light mode has a runtime of about 12 hours, while the high-light mode will drain the battery in about six-hours’ time.
It features a light sensor that detects the outdoor light levels and powers the lights on or off, depending on the conditions. The lights are made with waterproof ABS plastic, which means that you can use them in the colder and rainier seasons throughout the year.
As with the lights we spoke of earlier, these two also give you the possibility to stick them into the ground, but they can also be mounted on walls, acting pretty much like a security warning. Upon ordering, you will receive a package that contains the two lights, the ground stakes for each, six screws, six wall plugs, and a user manual.
- Two lighting modes
- Can be wall-mounted
- Adjustable illumination angle
- Lighting sensor included
- Not very bright
Interested in knowing what the best-selling product of the outdoor solar spot lights category is? Then feast your eyes on what the LITOM has to offer.
InnoGear Upgraded Solar Lights
- Number of lights: 2 lights x 4 LEDs each
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 7 x 9 inches
- Runtime: 8 - 12 hours in low-light mode/4 - 6 hours in high-light mode
- Est. charging time: 8 hours
InnoGear has proven that it makes some decent outdoor solar spot lights, but they are quite similar in design and specifications to the URPOWER ones. However, we included them in this round-up because they seem to be a hit amongst homeowners who were looking to bring the power of solar energy into their backyard.
When buying the InnoGear outdoor lights, you will receive a pack of two lights with pre mounted solar panels attached to each of them. They have multiple installation methods, as they can be fixed on the wall or in the ground. Each of the lights comes with four individual LEDs, which have a runtime of about four to six hours in low light mode, and up to 12 hours in a brighter light setting.
The lighting sensor is definitely worth mentioning because it can help you have battery power with the instant power up and shut down features. The solar panel and the light head can both be adjusted, while the entire construction is waterproof and meant to resist both hot and cold weather.
- Dual installation option
- Two brightness settings
- Lighting sensors
- Waterproof construction
- Adjustable angles
- Long charging time
Looking to buy a product that others recommend? InnoGear’s outdoor solar spot lights are a hit amongst customers that share their pleasant experiences, meaning that you can be one of them as well.
Nekteck Solar Lights
- Number of lights: 2 lights with 4 LEDs each
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 3.7 x 13.4 inches
- Runtime: 6 – 10 hours
- Est. charging time: 4 – 5 hours
The Nektech solar lights are a wonderful invention. They are basically lights on a stake that can be stuck in the ground and can illuminate your driveway, your pathway, or your overall yard. It’s an excellent way of showcasing the flora in your yard/garden.
Alternatively, you can mount the lights on the walls of your home, since you will also receive the required hardware to do so. You can adjust the angle of the lights, but take note that the solar panel should still be left in sunlight in order for the batteries to charge.
The package contains two lights, each of them equipped with four LEDs. There are two brightness settings and a lighting sensor that can detect darkness and turn the lights on automatically. It takes about four to five hours for the batteries to charge to the fullest, and on a full charge you can get about six to 10 hours of runtime.
- Two brightness modes
- Wall mounting hardware included
- IP64 waterproof
- Adjustable angle
- 200-lumen output
- Complaints about yellow light
Even if these are the best in-ground lights that you can buy, they can totally be mounted on walls thanks to the included screws that come in the package. They are an excellent choice for those who want to illuminate driveways, showcase the beauty of their yard at night, or even to shed light on porches or the sides of the house.
ROSHWEY Solar Spot Lights
- Number of lights: 2 lights x 36 LEDs each
- Dimensions: 15 x 8.9 x 6.5 inches
- Runtime: 8 - 10 hours
- Est. charging time: 6 - 8 hours
Let’s move on to bigger things, both figuratively and literally. Here is a set of outdoor lights that might cost more, but also provide more juice and a higher number of features for you to enjoy. With a power intensity of about 1,000 lumens, you can have plenty of nocturnal coverage for your yard and driveway, thus limiting the need to buy more lights.
The pack contains two lights, each one being equipped with two swiveling lights with 18 bulbs each. That’s a total of 72 lights for you to work with, which should be more than enough for a medium-sized yard. At the end of the stakes, you will find the pre mounted solar panels, each one measuring 6.7 x 6.5 inches. This can ensure about 8 to 10 hours of runtime on a full charge.
The motion sensor is definitely an upgrade compared to other light we’ve reviewed today, as it can detect motion over a 33 feet radius at a 120 degrees range. You can adjust the lights by rotating them at a 360 degree angle, which makes it pretty cool to customize your lighting range and have the spotlight shine on whatever points of interest you may have in your yard.
- Powerful lights
- 360 degrees rotation
- Motion sensor
- Up to 10 hours runtime
- 33 feet sensing distance
- Can be mounted on walls
If you’re willing to be a big spender, we’ve got an even fancier option for you. The Roshwey solar spot lights are the perfect outdoors beasts with plenty of light power and coverage.
If you’re in the market looking to buy outdoor solar spot lights, it’s very important for you to first determine the purpose of this purchase and then look for features that help meet your demands. For example, if you’re tired of babbling in the dark looking for your house keys, a small outdoor light mounted on the exterior walls of the house should suffice.
If you want lights that can showcase the flora of your garden, you might want to opt for several and maybe multicolored lights. But if you want powerful lights that will automatically turn on when they detect movement in the yard, it’s best to opt for more expensive lights with integrated motion sensors. Make a list to determine what you want from your solar spot lights and then plan your next steps.