• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

bminiman's latest activity

• bminiman
    bminiman replied to the thread Microgreens!.
    • 1634062436809.png
  • bminiman
    Just because it's winter doesn't mean the growing has to stop! For example, you can grow microgreens (from pea, brocolli, spinach, and other leefy green seeds) in just a few days. And since you harvest the plant when they are just a few inches...
  • bminiman
    bminiman replied to the thread How often do you mow?.
    What do you use to fertilize?
  • bminiman
    Remember that fruit trees need to be grown from grafts which you can get from local orchards or farms. If you try to grow from seed, the tree might never fruit. Versus a graft from a fruiting tree, which is essentially a clone.
  • bminiman
    bminiman reacted to jason's post in the thread Griddles for the grill? with Like Like.
    They sure do. Mine came with a griddle. They also ones you can put on the grates. I also use this one from Lodge...
  • bminiman
    bminiman reacted to Charred's post in the thread Griddles for the grill? with Like Like.
    Do they make griddle-type surfaces for the grill? I was thinking of doing a grilled breakfast one day but I wanted to do the whole nine yards on the grill -- pancakes and all. I would need some type of solid surface, though.
  • bminiman
    bminiman replied to the thread New from northern indiana.
    dave don't try to fry a turkey. you'll probably burn your house down.
  • bminiman
    bminiman replied to the thread Watching a Bell Pepper Grow.
    Yah that's cool. It's important to note that because grocery store peppers are hybrids, you won't actually know what the seed will grow. Once I tried this with a bell pepper and I got a mini bell. The only way to assure you're growing what you...
  • bminiman
    bminiman replied to the thread Buying groceries online?.
    I know people that use InstaCart and it's great. Sometimes the shopper are lazy and will, for example, pick fruit that is over-ripe. But overall great experience.