• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

3 In One - Breakfast Served!

A

Amelie

I found this recipe the other day; one of my friends shared it on Facebook. You need:

- Toast bread
- Bacon
- Eggs
- A Muffin Oven Tray

Line pieces of toasted bread on the tray, add in some pieces of bacon and then put an egg on top of it all and into the oven. Ta da! That's it. Put in the oven for about 5mn and enjoy! I tried it and it's yummy :)

E

Ellyn

What I like to do is use pancakes as the sandwiching for bacon and eggs, you can get them to stick together with a lot of gooey cheese.

I've also discovered Staffordshire oatcakes, which really seems like you can add anything to them and wrap it up or fold it over like an omelet.

B

BarbiQ

If the bread is already toasted and the bacon and eggs already cooked, why would you need to put it into the oven? Am I missing something here?

I do enjoy a good breakfast sandwich, especially when camping, so I am curious. Thanks.

E

Ellyn

If the bread is already toasted and the bacon and eggs already cooked, why would you need to put it into the oven? Am I missing something here?

I do enjoy a good breakfast sandwich, especially when camping, so I am curious. Thanks.

I know that you were talking to Amelie, but in the recipes I mentioned in my post where you're using the cheese as a glue for all the stuff that's already cooked, an oven can be handy. In absence of bread, raw toast will suffice. (Sorry about that last bit...it's sort of a running in-joke among my friends and I couldn't resist.)

H

Hilt

I have seen others kind of like this but what temperature are you cooking it at? Most of the ones I see want you to add in more spices for a kick, then again I have been looking at a lot of spicy recipes lately too. :D

A

Amelie

@BarbiQ The bread is not toasted, what I meant was bread that you use for toasts :) It's raw basically so when you bake it it all cooks together with the bacon and the eggs.
@Hilt I put it on 150 Celsius normally, but you see ovens are different so you need to test and see what works for you.I never added any spices actually because I tend to eat my eggs without seasoning :D

E

evelynmcgregor

When I was little my family did a lot of camping. My Dad would cut the end off a potato, the hollow the potato out. He would fasten the end back on with toothpicks and put uncooked scrambled eggs in it with a sausage he had cooked down the middle of the eggs. He would then wrap the potato in foil and sit it upright in the coals. In about 40 min, we would have our breakfast,, what he called egg stuffed potatoes! yummy,, especially if you mixed some cheese in with the beaten eggs before you poured them into the potato holes.

B

Burg14

I have to try the potato trick. I also love the idea of using pancakes as the bread of the sandwich. I would stick the things together with syrup though. I can't wait to try these new ideas out.

H

Hilt

I have a feeling we will either be tested it or, as it will suffer the same fate as our dishwasher (which is getting replaced this week after flooding the kitchen). What is the best way to test it out? Does it vary if you have a gas or electric stove? Mine is electric. :mad:

C

ChiliPepper

I like this recipe and I have tried it too. The only difference is that I added some cheddar cheese between the bread and the bacon and then on top of the egg. I love cheese, so I tend to try to use it everywhere I can :D

H

HaroldM

Wow this sounds yummy! My kids love eggs, bacon and potatoes so I have to give this a go. Is it better to precook the bacon? My son loves spicy foods so I could probably add a little spicy salsa to the mix.

B

Burnt

I have one of those smaller counter size ovens and things like this cook perfect in it. I can only go up to 400 degrees but for smaller stuff it works great. We love hot sandwiches like this for breakfast or lunch and since the kids are old enough to use it now they like the idea of making their own creations in it too.

A

Amelie

@HaroldM I like the idea of adding potatoes and some spicy sauce to it. I love spicy food myself so I should definitely try this. As for the bacon, I never precook it. It cooks perfectly in the oven.