• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Barbecue Wedding At The Beach

D

Diane Lane

This weekend, a neighbor is getting married down at our little neighborhood beach. He grew up here in the area, and so did a lot of the other neighbors, so his buddies are putting on a big barbecue and doing all of the cooking, while their 'women' are cooking up the sides to accompany the meat. I'm bringing a couple of pans of brownies I made, and someone here in the neighborhood decorates cakes, so I think she's throwing in a cake as her contribution. Hopefully the storms will hold off until after the ceremony, and that'll give me an excuse to cut out early. They're fun people, but a little time spent with some of them goes a long way.

O

oportosanto

What a perfect scenario, being at the beach with a barbecue seems the perfect set for a wedding. :)

D

Diane Lane

Yes, it was actually pretty crazy, although well organized. Because the beach parking lot is so small, people who live throughout the neighborhood parked their vehicles down at the lot to reserve spots for wedding participants and attendees, and other neighbors shuttled them back and forth on their golf carts. It's nice to see everyone pulling together to make special occasions happen. There were actually 3 separate weddings at the beach that day, and it stormed, so it was an interesting day.

O

oportosanto

I can't even imagine parking for a wedding by the beach... I know those parking lots, it was hectic I am guessing!

L

L_B

Wow this sounds like something I would like to consider when it comes to my wedding next summer. We love to be outdoors. We have thought of getting married at one of the campgrounds that we frequent. The idea of getting married on the beach is wonderful to me and the bbq food would be amazing. We don't plan to have anything to big so something like this would work for us.

O

oportosanto

Yeah, I would have liked to do mine that way, but the wife had other ideas. :)

The Freshness