• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Barbecue Whole Bananas!

Cappy

WE do banana boats alot on the bbq pit. Kids love them and the Grand kids pitch a fit trying to get me out of bed at 4:30 am on the day of a bbq to do some naners Pop, pleeeeeeseeeeee!!!!
Off the top of my head some of the things on then (not all at once) was peanut butter, butter, brown suger, chocolate, coconut, marshmallows, chopped nuts and other fruit that might be growing in the yard. Lemon wedges was Not done again:yo:

A

Amelie

Wow I have never tried or heard about this before! I wonder what the texture is like when they're cooked? Do they become mushy? It sounds delicious though! I love bananas.

J

JillyBilly

Wow, thought never even occurred to me. I'll have to try this out! Thanks for the recipe, I'm always looking for new and unusual things to grill, and this sounds delicious.

B

ber4

I have got to try this. I love bananas. I bet the kids will love it too. I want to go fire up the grill and give it a try right now. My husband said lets wait until tomorrow. Darn him. I can't wait to try it.

B

Burg14

I have tried grilling bananas before but not just plain bananas. I have to try this. Can you toss them into the coals too instead of putting them on a grill? My kids like to toss things into the coals to eat.