• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Barbeque Pit Masters

T

TopChef

I've been watching this show recently and I am surprised at how many competitors there are at some of the contests. And the folks on the show are pretty accomplished, but they don't always win, not by a long shot. I wonder how realistic the program is.

Anyone else learning about the competitive barbeque world from this show?

T

TheMaster

No but I was wondering the same thing as you because the events they go to are HUGE! I can believe on like a national BBQ cook off maybe.. But every week it's hard to believe but we'll have to wait for others op pinons.

W

Waynefire

I have not seen this show, but always am interested in learning more about BBQ. What channel is this show on so I can see when it is on next to catch it?

B

beckyv1265

I have seen a few shows and was not that impressed. It was a lot of drama .

F

Fizz

Not only are there a lot of competitions, but serious BBQers take them VERY seriously. If you ever go to a BBQ competition it is very important to make sure to respect the seriousness of BBQ! Yeah, they like to have fun but when the competition is on... its on!

I

Isabellas2007

I have not watched the show before. So I am not going to add much feedback here, but I have to admit any of the food competitions are good to watch because you can see so many different cooking techniques.

S

SmokeyJoe

I've watched these competitions on tv but it's certainly not anything that I'd want to try. I'm just happy that family and friends enjoy my food. Going to do a brisket this weekend for my teenage son's birthday. It was his request.

B

bbqbrad

I have seen them, and they're pretty close to real competing. I got to see season 3, episode 1 of Pitmasters being filmed. It was a lot like the comp I was cooking at.

T

TopChef

I have not seen this show, but always am interested in learning more about BBQ. What channel is this show on so I can see when it is on next to catch it?

I am not sure what channel it appears on, as I've only seen the first season on Netflix. Food Network, maybe?

One of the things I enjoy about the program is learning how flavor profiles differ in other parts of the US.

M

MellowGuy

I've been watching this show and find it very inspiring. I do think there's a lot of staged drama and unnecessary edits for effect but I've learned a lot from the show in terms of prepping, smoking and even grilling certain meats. I remember seeing this show from a few seasons ago and not really enjoying it. This season it was more exciting and turns out the old competitors became judges.

The Freshness