• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Blueberry Bread

B

BarbiQ

This looks absolutely tasty and it's a very simple recipe. A friend shared it with me yesterday. I haven't tried this yet.

Blueberry Bread
1 1/4 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/2 cups of blueberries
2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients well and then combine with the shortening.
Beat eggs and add to other ingredients.
Add blueberries.
Grease and flour baking pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.

B

Ben

I love blueberry bread. I love blueberry muffins even more! You know what's a great add on to something like this? A little fresh homemade whip cream! Believe it or not, I don't think many people think of it but it tastes fantastic! Almost like a strawberry shortcake would have whip cream, you eat it with this bread.

B

BarbiQ

Or... how about a scoop of French vanilla ice cream while the bread is still warm from the oven? But, no! I am supposed to be watching calories for the new year! :eek:

S

smokinhog

Sounds great BarbiQ. I had a bumper crop of blueberries this past summer and have bunches in the freezer. I'll have to get this a try. Thanks for sharing.

B

Briquet

The blueberry bread recipe looks great, but I have to agree that I prefer them in muffin form. I've never tried them with whipped cream before but really, I shouldn't. I'm trying to lose weight too.

B

BarbiQ

I don't see why you couldn't use a muffin pan rather than a loaf pan for making these. All you'd need to do is adjust the cooking time. I think either way would be pretty good. :)

G

grillqueen79

This recipe sounds really good, and I think it would work fine in muffin form. My mom has a pan that only makes muffin tops! My kids love that so I guess I will have to see about getting one for them.

B

Ben

Oh man, vanilla ice cream goes great on anything! I put it on apple pie too, mmm hmm good! Blueberry muffins sound great for breakfast though. I should whip some up this weekend.

G

Grill Master

I think I will borrow this recipe for Sunday breakfast. I like to fix something special for Sunday breakfast because we usually end up sitting down for lunch late by the time we get out of church.

It really looks so simple and delicious. I like blueberry pastries. They are my favorites. I'll be showing this to my grandmother and ask her to do it. She's surely going to love this. Can't wait! Very helpful. My grandmother used to make these, but she often feels lazy because what she does is very complex. She could not find the easy recipe for this.

The Freshness