• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Brunswick Stew

S

smokinhog

How do you make your brunswick stew? When I was growing up I remember it being an all day process. We cooked the meat, deboned the meat, prepared the vegetables and simmered the stew until done. Of course, we made enough to feed and army and canned most of it at the end of the day. My recipe calls for chicken, beef and pork. It also calls for a quart each of corn, butter beans potatoes and 2 quarts of tomatoes. What's in yours?

J

Juliette

What we have around here uses mostly chicken. The county's volunteer fire department is making it to sell next week. Their recipe always turns out so good that we buy enough to stock the freezer.

L

Lincoln

I haven't ever made any, so I really don't know. I do know that there is usually some vinegar in it to give it a bit of a kick. I've had several different kinds, but never really had the desire to try to make any.

The Freshness