• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Buying Built in Propane Grill 36+ Inches

stepmback

I am in the begining phases of designing my outdoor kitchen and have been browsing the web looking at different built in gas grills. I know i want something that is at least 36 inches wide with 3+ burners. I would also like a separate built-in gas burner to go with it. I have been looking at Blaze, Napoleon and and others in that price range but not sure about build quality and others I may not have heard of.

On my gas grill I mostly cook burgers, Veggies, kabobs, fish, wings, chicken, steak etc... anything that can be cooked quick. I already have a Big Green Egg for charcoal and smoking which I use for longer cooks like ribs, brisket, pork butt etc.

Looking for a good grill that is reliable. I also live in Virginia and it will need to stand up to lots of rain and the cold.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

tiewunon

I have posted this link in the past. It’s a different perspective on buying a grill. It’s from a grill seller who sells multiple brands but from a Repair Viewpoint. I never bought anything from in fact I live on the opposite coast.
I did put an AOG in my outdoor kitchen. Cheaper sister of the Firemagic line. Both grills made in USA by RH Petersen.

necaisjackie

I've already shared this link. It's a different way of looking about grill purchases. It's from a repair perspective, but it's from a grill salesman who offers a variety of brands. I've never purchased anything from them, and I live on the other side of the country.
In my outdoor kitchen, I did install an AOG. The Firemagic line's less expensive sibling. RH Petersen manufactured both grills in the United States.

bitpushr

Slow and Low
Staff member
I've already shared this link. It's a different way of looking about grill purchases. It's from a repair perspective, but it's from a grill salesman who offers a variety of brands. I've never purchased anything from them, and I live on the other side of the country.
In my outdoor kitchen, I did install an AOG. The Firemagic line's less expensive sibling. RH Petersen manufactured both grills in the United States.
How did you like the AOG and how has maintenance been for it over the years? I agree, looking for a permanently installed grill, that you can't replace every 5 years, has separate features you want to look at and repairability is one of them.

necaisjackie

This link has already been shared with me. It's a different perspective on grill purchases. It's from a repairman, but it's also from a grill salesman who sells a variety of brands. I've never bought anything from them, despite the fact that I live on the other side of the country.
I did install an AOG in my outdoor kitchen. The less expensive sibling of the Firemagic line. Both grills were made in the United States by RH Petersen.

necaisjackie

This link has already been shared with me. It's a different perspective on grill purchases. It's from a repairman, but it's also from a grill salesman who sells a variety of brands. I've never bought anything from them, despite the fact that I live on the other side of the country.
I did install an AOG in my outdoor kitchen. The less expensive sibling of the Firemagic line. Both grills were made in the United States by RH Petersen.
Good