• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Buying groceries online?

B

ber4

Have you ever bought your groceries online? I have an elderly friend that wants to start doing this. Is it a lot more expensive? Have you had any problems with the food being bad when it was delivered?

S

sheepdad

I've never done it but a coworker has used peapod/stop&shop and said that the food was dated fine and even the icecream arrived frozen. Don't know what benefits they have in their state for the elderly but they might qualify for a program that provides that service for free.

C

Canbeef

That service is available to young and old here. I've never used it because I like to see the product before I take it home. If I was not able to walk around shopping I think I'd use it. There is a service fee for the company otherwise they wouldn't make money. Groceries are so expensive I can't see myself paying someone else to do it.

G

grillqueen79

I wish we had a way to buy groceries online here! You can buy something on Amazon, but I don't think anyone in the area offers all online shopping. Heck, I would be happy if a local store would let me send my order and call me when it was ready to pick-up.

H

Hilt

I have only purchased goods with Alice.com and they were all dry goods. I have not been brave enough to try anything else but I am looking into it if the price is right. Lately our store prices seem to be shooting through the roof.

B

BBQueen

We don't have online grocery shopping here yet either. It's unfortunate because I know a few elderly people that would benefit from it immensely. I have purchased coffee and other things on the Amazon subscribe and save with no problem though.

B

ber4

Interesting! Thanks for all the comments. I am going to pass a couple of those names on to her. I like to look at things first too but this will be easier on her. I hope it works out.

rembo

Wegmans Online - Wegmans. Get ready to enjoy easy meal ideas and help with the entertaining delivered right to your inbox. You can also order groceries on wegmans.com or the Wegmans App.

Last edited by a moderator:

bminiman

I know people that use InstaCart and it's great. Sometimes the shopper are lazy and will, for example, pick fruit that is over-ripe. But overall great experience.

The Freshness