• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Cheddar and Bacon Loaf

D

Diane Lane

This looks like a tasty appetizer, and it couldn't be easier to make. You're really just heating up the meat, melting the cheese, and toasting the bread, but that's good enough for me. This could be a nice dish with a side of soup when you're in a hurry, on a cool or cold evening. I love meat and cheese combinations, and who doesn't love a good baguette?

Cheddar & Bacon Loaf

Ingredients 1 16 ounce loaf baguette-style French bread 1/2 8 ounce package shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup) 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup) 2 teaspoons yellow mustard 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to cut bread crosswise into 1-inch slices, cutting to but not through the bottom crust. In a small bowl, stir together cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, mustard, and lemon juice. Spread mixture between slices of bread. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is heated through and cheese is melted.

Here's the source: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cheddar-bacon-loaf/

Attachments

• bacon cheddar loaf.jpg
    bacon cheddar loaf.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2
L

L_B

That looks really good and easy to make. It would have lots of flavour to it too. It would pair up nicely with a hot bowl of soup on those chilly days. I am going to keep a copy of this recipe on hand because I am sure that I will end up making it something in the next little while now that the weather is so much colder. I don't eat a lot of soup but I do enjoy it through the winter months.

The Freshness