• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

G

grillin_n_chillin

I've been on the lookout for moderately low carb, high protein recipes ever since I started watching my carb intake a couple of weeks ago and I managed to find this one for Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole on All Recipe's website. Don't know if any of you are trying to watch your carbs, but if you are, this one comes in at just under 30 grams in a serving.

O

Over Easy

Man that sounds good. It's a good thing that recipe is healthy, because otherwise I'd be in a lot of trouble. I think I'll try that next weekend, thanks.

G

grillqueen79

Man, when we are watching our carbs we usually don't have more than 40 carbs in an entire day. However, you can substitute cooked cauliflower and mash it with a fork, and substitute that for the potatoes and it would be really low carb.

H

Hilt

That sounds like a weekend breakfast to me. Our weekdays are always slam packed and there is no way I could manage an extra hour into what already seems like madness. I love the idea of it though!

C

Charcoal

I am with Hilt. That is indeed wonderful for a weekend breakfast. I just don't have enough time during weekday mornings to wait for an hour for my breakfast to be cooked. :) I am pretty sure my family would love this, so I am bookmarking it.

O

ohiotom76

Sounds great, but it didn't exactly strike me as low carb - I thought potatoes were off limits for people on a low carb diet. I would probably just swap out the potatoes for some blanched broccoli or a broccoli cauliflower blend. Perhaps use a cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup as well, which may be a little lower in carbs.

The Freshness