• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Chicken Salad

D

DipsyDo

One of the Christmas traditions in my husband's household was homemade chicken salad using the old timey hand grinder for the chicken. We tried this at thanksgiving and it was delicious. There's a lot to be said about the old ways. Some things just can't be improved upon.

T

TopChef

Does the grinder make the chicken a very fine texture? I am not sure I would like that. I like mine shredded for chicken salad. But I would sure be willing to give it a try!

G

grillin_n_chillin

I'm all about homemade foods and old family recipes, but I'm not sure I'd like hand-grinding chicken! There's a lot to be said for old ways, but there's also a lot to be said for food processors, too. ;)

B

ber4

Why is it better than just regular chicken salad? I am curious now too. We make chicken salad all the time. The kids love it as do I. I add different things to it all the time so it's not the same.

D

DipsyDo

Maybe it's just the thought of it being made the old timey way. All I know is that it just tastes better. The recipe includes lots of boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish, dill pickle relish, lots of celery and just enough mayonaise to hold it all together.

The Freshness