• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Chicken Thighs in the Oven

D

Diane Lane

I had some chicken thighs I needed to cook, but I didn't have time to wait around for the charcoal to heat up, and it was somewhat nasty outside anyway, so I decided to cook them in the oven. I looked around for a good recipe and came up with this one.

I made my own sauce with similar ingredients to those mentioned, and it came out really good. I didn't have balsamic vinegar, so I ended up using white wine vinegar and substituted horseradish mustard for the dijon, since I didn't have any on hand. Also, I wasn't happy with the 20 minute cooking time, and ended up extending it to 45 minutes. The thighs came out delicious.

L

L_B

Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. I eat a lot of chicken so I am always looking for new ways to prepare it. Your substitutes sounds really good. I would have definitely cooked it for 45 mins. too. 20 mins in no way long enough to cook chicken thighs. I am definitely going to give this one a try.

O

oportosanto

Thanks for sharing this one. Chicken thighs are delicious and if you sweet potatoes they are even better!