• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Chili And Sausages Cook-off

S

smoky

Last year our town sponsored a competition among area restaurants. Each place made a huge pot of chili and barbequed sausages using their own special sauce. It was a lot of fun to get to taste test all these places. The event raised thousands for charities with most of the money ear-marked for local needs.

D

dconklin

Last year our town sponsored a competition among area restaurants. Each place made a huge pot of chili and barbequed sausages using their own special sauce. It was a lot of fun to get to taste test all these places. The event raised thousands for charities with most of the money ear-marked for local needs.
That is great! I would have loved to have been there testing. I love chili and I don't think there are 2 people that make it the same. It's nice that they raised money for the charities too. I like to get involved with things that help benefit people in need.

S

shaun

Organising a barbecue competition for charitable causes is a great idea. I'm sure it was a lot of fun, I like attending barbecuing competitions and tasting all the delicious food on offer. I might enter a competition in the future, it would be fun.

T

TheMaster

Sounds like a great idea.. I wish that there were more competitions around here like that because I wouldn't mind going to judge a couple... You would think for living in the western side of the US that there would be lots of BBQ places but really there is only one which is Texas Road House aside from that I can't think of one sadly.

F

FireBrick

I have never been to this kind of competition, but it's an event that I would love to witness. I'm sure it's fun and a delight to one's taste buds seeing and having a bite of deliciously cooked sausauges!

C

Cuthrell

I went to a Taste of Mobile once where a lot of people had fixed gumbo. I guess a chili tasting is similar to a Taste of Mobile, but with chili instead of gumbo. I know I really ate a lot of stuff that night, and it wasn't just gumbo. They had everything under the sun.

J

Jessi

I love this. I haven't been to any actual competitions like this before. So did they raise money to selling tickets so you could go to multiple ones or was it just anybody who ordered that particular stuff, the sales money went to the charity fund? Did you guys end up using the money for anything really good for the town?

N

Nanatracyann

This sounds amazing. I have never been to a chili cook-off or any type of food competition, so now I am adding it to my 'Bullet list' of things to do before I die!

K

KBeef

We have a chili cook-off each year at my in-laws! It's fun, each person brings their "best" reciepe of chili, made and warmed in a nesco, with little cards next to each. You name them but keep it anoymonous to keep it interesting and "fair"! The winner basically gets the "Best Chili Title" and made fun of in our family because every thinks theirs is always the best! After it's all said and done there is a camp fire awating with drinks for all!

N

Nanatracyann

We have a chili cook-off each year at my in-laws! It's fun, each person brings their "best" reciepe of chili, made and warmed in a nesco, with little cards next to each. You name them but keep it anoymonous to keep it interesting and "fair"! The winner basically gets the "Best Chili Title" and made fun of in our family because every thinks theirs is always the best! After it's all said and done there is a camp fire awating with drinks for all!
Well I will be over to be one of the testers for this great sounding day of fun! I may have a tummy ache after all the tasting and beverages but I am sure it will be all worth it!

K

KBeef

What could be more fun that good food and good drinks sitting by a campfire with people that you care about?! :)

C

Clarence Schreiber

I would of loved to be there also. I do enjoy tasting chili and sausage. It is great that most of the money is going to charities.

The Freshness