• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Chili Cook off

L

L_B

Have you ever been to a Chili Cook off or been a contestant in one before? They are my favorite competition to go too. Chili is one of my favorite foods and I really enjoy how no two chili tastes the same. Everybody has their own way of making it and their own secret ingredients! I love walking around and smelling all the chili cooking. It's heavenly.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
About the only thing close was a few friends getting together. Nothing big or fancy. But it is finally getting somewhat cool here so it could be time for another meet up.

L

L_B

Sounds like fun. Chili is definitely one of those comfort foods now that the weather is cooler. I am thinking of making a big pot this weekend. It has been a little while since I made it.

D

Diane Lane

I've been to a few of them. They're very popular events here in Texas, and I love chili. I can't eat it too spicy, but a nice medium intensity sure tastes good. Here in my neighborhood they do one every year, but I haven't attended one yet.

L

L_B

Yes I have heard that they are big in Texas. I guess its like they always say. Everything is bigger in Texas. They had this chili cook off at one campground we were staying at. I didn't know about it a head of time so we didn't compete but we sure enjoyed it,

D

Diane Lane

Yes I have heard that they are big in Texas. I guess its like they always say. Everything is bigger in Texas. They had this chili cook off at one campground we were staying at. I didn't know about it a head of time so we didn't compete but we sure enjoyed it,

Ha, oh yes, and barbecue and chili are very popular here. I dated a guy before and several of his friends participated in chili cookoffs. They had specially designed cookers that they would transport around to the various events. They were nice guys, but that's not how I'd choose to spend all or most of my weekends. At least once a month, someone in my neighborhood is offering an old rusty grill for sale or for free, because it seems they like to leave them out in the elements, and have plenty of money to replace them when they get worn out. I'm not that competitive, nor is my palate that discriminating, I find most chili delicious, as long as it doesn't burn my mouth off or aggravate my ulcer.

O

oportosanto

I love both chili and barbecue, both strong foods with a lot of flavor, something I really love eating.

The Freshness