• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Competition Winners

R

roses12roses12

Do we have anyone in this forum that competes? I would love to hear about some of your wins and what you bar bq'd to win them. How often do you compete? How does one get involved in competing?

P

psymonizer

I have competed in cooking contests but not Barbecue. The similarities from what I can find though are the basic knowing what you are cooking, Time and kitchen management, Presentation, Flavor. It would be nice to know the nuances that go from like an ingredient or recipe competition to a barbecue competition. From what I can watch it seems like they have to really be on their game in multiple categories to make an impact.

I

Isabellas2007

I have cooked before for a competition, but it was for baking. I had some great breads which ended up winning, but never really did anything past that one contest for it.

S

smokinDu

I have only entered a couple. Won 5th place (i think. its been a while) in Butts. no money, but nice plaque.
suggest just jump right on in and try it. cant learn if you dont get in there.

B

bbqbrad

I've been competing for five years. Won Grand Champion. What would you like to know specifically?

O

oportosanto

Congratulations bbqbrad, I imagine it requires a lot of skill to achieve such a title no?

The Freshness