• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Deep Fried Everything

D

DipsyDo

I just thought I had heard of all the strange deep fried foods. However, after checking this link to deep fried carnival foods, I know I've seen it all now. I especially like #8. Deep fried Cadbury eggs. It just makes my teeth hurt to think about this one.

J

joshposh

I really want to try that deep fried peanut better and jelly sandwich. That should be interesting. I'm going to try out deep fried bacon mushroom wraps. I'm going to dip the bacon and mushrooms in breaded batter and deep fry that. Hopefully that turns out good.

D

DipsyDo

Don't eat for a week before you do this Josh. I can't imagine the calorie count in some of these treats. Do let us know how your bacon wrapped mushrooms turn out.

C

Canbeef

My daughter had the deep fried Cadbury Egg at a restaurant and she found the texture really strange but said it tasted pretty good with the gooey chocolate.

T

Thyme2

The deep fried pizza looks good. Some of these things are just gross looking. Makes me sick to think of eating deep fried butter. That can't be good for you.

L

L_B

I have seen some strange ones but have never been brave enough to try them. There was deep fried beer. This is actually beer that is battered and then deep fried. The beer is poured into little ravioli pockets, deep fried and when you bite into them they burst with scalding beer suds.

There was also deep fried bacon as if bacon alone isn't fatty enough and then another one that was really wierd was deep fried jelly beans! Hmmmmmmm no thanks!