• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Deep Fried Olives

D

Diane Lane

I was reading @L_B's thread about fried pickles, and it made me think of this recipe I ran across recently, for fried olives. Apparently they're all the rage in some restaurants, and apparently with chefs, because when I searched for a link to the recipe, I came across several. I love love love olives, of every kind, at least the ones I've tried, but this seems like a lot of work, especially since I love them just the way they are. Have any of y'all tried them, and if so, what did you think? Would it be worth trying at home?

L

L_B

I have never heard of deep fried olives. They aren't served around here but they do sound very good. I love olives too. I have tried many different types and I have loved them all. I want to try these so badly now. Since they aren't at restaurants here I will have to make them at home.

P

pilgrimhobo

I'll bet they would be awesome stuffed with some feta or goat cheese. I'm definitely going to be looking up some recipes for this. I think they would make a nice addition to an antipasti plate, along with some roasted red peppers, arancini, and some cured meats and cheeses. I've never heard of stuffed olives before, but I'll give them a shot and let you know how it goes.

L

L_B

I'll bet they would be awesome stuffed with some feta or goat cheese. I'm definitely going to be looking up some recipes for this. I think they would make a nice addition to an antipasti plate, along with some roasted red peppers, arancini, and some cured meats and cheeses. I've never heard of stuffed olives before, but I'll give them a shot and let you know how it goes.

This sounds like a great idea. They definitely would be good stuffed with cheese. I am anxious to give them a try.

D

Diane Lane

Yum, I think you're right, they'd be a great addition to your platter. I don't see too many large olives here, but I'll look when I get out, and if I find some, I might try stuffing them and then frying them. I can imagine how delicious they'd be, especially since I love feta cheese. Ooh, I could try stuffing them with my homemade ricotta, too. It's so easy to make that I've decided to make it at least a few times a month from now on.

L

L_B

I like the large olives. There are so many varieties to choose from. I have never had stuffed olives before so I am anxious to give them a try.

O

oportosanto

Deep frying is something really good, not that healthy, but super tasty. Fried olives is making me water right now.