• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Deep Fried PB&J

J

Ja'cobeC

Never heard of this ever in my life but I think I might give it a try. It sound like it would taste good.

R

rollybooz

This is a first for me since I've always thought that peanut butter and jelly only went onto bread and straight into our mouths. Perhaps a detour into a deep-fryer might make it taste better? I suppose your boyfriend coats a PB&J sandwich in the batter and deep-fries the entire chunk? This definitely is not the healthiest thing one can have, but this really sounds good and I think I would have to give it a try sometime soon just to find out how it taste!

J

Jessi

This definitely is not the healthiest thing one can have,

Any time you introduce oil for frying, I think it automatically qualifies as "not the healthiest thing," lol. I've seen deep-fried carrots made to look and taste like bacon...something that really was healthy to begin with, but completely stripped of any nutritional value.

R

rollybooz

Any time you introduce oil for frying, I think it automatically qualifies as "not the healthiest thing," lol. I've seen deep-fried carrots made to look and taste like bacon...something that really was healthy to begin with, but completely stripped of any nutritional value.
True that Jessi! But anyway as you were saying, how did you get those innocent carrots to taste like bacon! I'm rather interested in that and I guess that's perhaps slightly healthier than having fried bacon? At least there's still some fiber in there! I get the look part, but how do carrots acquire that aroma and irresistible taste of bacon?

J

Jessi

4878134508_a8c0c2532b_z.jpg

http://www.quirkycookery.com/2010/11/carrot-bacon-all-vitamins-minerals-and.html

G

GwapaLala

This sounds really weird. If I only had the time, effort and patience to make deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

L

leyash

That actually sounds pretty good. I've been thinking about doing fried oreos for sometime now. Just need to get up the courage to actually do it.

N

newkid

Hey one more thing for me to use my brand new deep fryer on! And what luck that Almond Milk is the only one that I can drink without getting sick. Of course it'll have to be Peter Pan and Strawberry!! My girlfriend would probably kill for a snack like this so I will save it for when I can't afford I'm sorry flowers LOL

C

Coffeeaddict

Sounds unique but worth trying, I guess. I am a fan of PB&J and a twist like this spells fun fun fun! I'll probably try this with the fried ice cream :) so you just deep fried the PB&J or there are other extras to it?

C

Clarence Schreiber

I have tried this at the Wisconsin State Fair a couple of years ago. I thought it was very good. It is a good treat when you want something different.

B

beckyv1265

Hi becky! I love your kids! I thought I was the only one who liked strange unique flavor combos!
I love my kids as well. We eat a lot of strange food combinations. lol Its amazing the things that I can toss together at the end of the month and make a meal out of.

N

nash22

I have never heard of fried PB&J and I live in the South, and we have some dishes that people think are disgusting to eat. But if you can fry everything else, I don't see why this would be weird. I might give this a try myself!

N

Nakhash

I like the sound of the batter (I'd probably use evaporated milk) but the filling could be something different. Like maybe strawberry cream cheese and sliced strawberries, or brown sugar mixed with maple syrup and sprinkled with pecans, or marshmallow cream and chocolate pieces (chips, candy bar, etc) and substitute graham cracker crumbs for the flour.

My creative juices seem to be flowing, My salivary glands too. ;)

D

difrancprod

Deep frying PB&J?!! This is by far one of the most interesting recipes I have encountered! Must be worth the shot I guess so I'm going to try out! I hope I don't mess it up though.

I

iRichard

I never heard of deep fried PB&J. I think I am going to have to try it and see if I like it or not. Thanks for the post!

J

jovan107

This recipe sounds like something the kids would enjoy. I'm not a fan of PB&J sandwiches, but the kids love it.

W

Whitewolf2578

I love almond milk. Well at first I wasn't really a fan, but it is all my Girlfriend buys, I was raised on non fat milk, but once I drank more and more I freaking love it. Though she recently bought the unsweetened one and it is horrible, but alas I will drink it. This sounds pretty good, like eating french toast PB and J....Not too bad.

Cappy

Deep fried PB&J is pretty good and they have it along with anything else ya can imagine frying at the state fair. My favorite twist on the old classic is to make french toast with it.

The Freshness