• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Deep Fried Pickles

L

L_B

One of my favorite appetizers at a restaurant are deep fried pickles. I love them. You have to be careful when you bite into them though because they are so hot. Does anybody else like them and have you made them before? I have made them on a number of occasions and they are always a bit hit!

L

L_B

I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago and they had deep fried pickles on the Hamburger I ordered. It was really quite good.

H

Happyhoney

Nope, can't do it!! Pickles and frying just don't go together for me. Tried them once in a restaurant because everyone was raving about them. Ate only one. 'Nuff said.

L

L_B

Nope, can't do it!! Pickles and frying just don't go together for me. Tried them once in a restaurant because everyone was raving about them. Ate only one. 'Nuff said.

Oh really. I guess you have to really like pickles to enjoy them. I know people who didn't like them because they don't like pickles to be warm. It each their own I guess. It is definitely not for everybody. I am actually making some up this evening for a little get together we are having! :)

Cappy

We make them almost every time we fry fish or chicken. We pat the pickle chips dry then dust them with corn starch then its the egg wash and corn flower they fry up crunchy and delicous. My wife loves them.

L

L_B

We make them almost every time we fry fish or chicken. We pat the pickle chips dry then dust them with corn starch then its the egg wash and corn flower they fry up crunchy and delicous. My wife loves them.
Sounds great. They are such an awesome treat. My grand daughter loves them.

D

Diane Lane

One of my favorite appetizers at a restaurant are deep fried pickles. I love them. You have to be careful when you bite into them though because they are so hot. Does anybody else like them and have you made them before? I have made them on a number of occasions and they are always a bit hit!

@L_B Are they made to be eaten super hot, or does it matter? I know some things taste much better hot or warm, but with others it doesn't matter. I've never had one, but I have heard many people raving about them. I guess I've never been somewhere where they've been served, or I might have tried them. I like pickles, so I might like them.

L

L_B

They are served hot or warm with a dipping sauce, like ranch or something similar. I have never had them cold so I am not sure what they would be like.

P

pilgrimhobo

I work in a restaurant, and even though they aren't on the menu, we cook them sometimes for the staff. I made them last time and they turned out OK, but I had a problem with the cooked, crispy batter separating from the pickle after sitting in a serving dish for a minute. I also noticed the same thing the last time someone made them. I dusted them with flour, dipped them in wet batter, then put them back in the flour and then in the fryer. Should I have patted the pickles dry before flouring them the first time? Does that help the batter stick?

Cappy

We just got home from a long road trip 5 weeks and 3800 miles with our lil camper. Needless to say we found several BBQ stands and will make a full report later. One thing we found in a BBq place in upstate new york was fried pickles. When we ordered them instead of the fried dill slices we were expecting they served us some deep fried kosher dill wedges. At first we thought they had mistakenly sent potato logs, but they were pickles and they were very good so good infact that I plan to fix some for Peg now that we are home. She couldn't eat them cause they were fried in flour. I do them here in corn flower for her and I like them that way as well.