• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Deep Fried Twinkies

J

joshposh

I just found a few pictures for this heart attack on a stick. Deep fried Twinkies. It just looks dangerous. Has anyone tried it before? I would think that you would take a Twinkie, put a stick through it, and then throw it in the freezer overnight. That should make it hard enough to deep fry without it falling off the the stick during deep frying.

deep-fried-twinkie.jpg

R

rayne

This looks almost as good as those bacon wrapped Oreos I just read about. How do people come up with this stuff?
Obviously they are not counting calories or thinking about clogged arteries. :)

J

joshposh

This looks almost as good as those bacon wrapped Oreos I just read about. How do people come up with this stuff?
Obviously they are not counting calories or thinking about clogged arteries. :)

I have to agree that this treat has got to be the worst thing ever conjured up. It's actually a toss up between this and the deep fried snickers bar.

R

rayne

Oh no! I haven't heard about that one. I guess they have to freeze the Snickers before dipping and frying. Right?
Snickers is my favorite candy. I think deep frying would ruin it and let's don't even talk about the calories.

J

joshposh

download.jpg download (7).jpg

1. Directions
    1. Mix all-purpose flour, corn flour, and baking soda in a shallow bowl. ...
    2. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    3. Dip the candy bars in the batter to coat.
    4. Carefully put coated candy bar into hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
I had a friend that went to a cooking convention in California. Someone there was serving these things. He said it was really good. I bet it was. This and some ice cream on the side would be awesome.

L

L_B

I think I will pass. I have heard of them and actually seen them being made at the local fair but I couldn't bring myself to even try them. I just can't see them being all that good. The Twinkie would soak up the grease and the snicker one is just nasty.

O

Onatah

Now stuff a snickers bar into the center of a twinkie and try it and maybe ... Okay, maybe not. I don't know what would get me first on those things, my teeth or my pancreas.

The Freshness