• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Dehydrator in overtime

B

BBQueen

I decided that I would get the dehydrator out today and do some sun-dried tomatoes. Since I am getting it out anyway, I also decided that I will make apple chips, banana chips and dried pineapples. It should make a nice snack mix.

J

Jessi

Awesome! I miss using my dehydrator. What are you going to do with all your dried goods? Or do you just eat them by the handful like we do sometimes?

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
I often do that. Start off with just one thing, and then next thing you know I'm filling up the dehydrator. No point running it half full.

B

beckyv1265

I often do that. Start off with just one thing, and then next thing you know I'm filling up the dehydrator. No point running it half full.
Thats true and the dehydrated foods will keep a really long time when properly sealed. It makes great camping and hiking and emergency foods.

G

grillqueen79

I do this too, and I will usually end up running the dehydrator in large batches for a couple of days at a time. Then I have plenty of stuff to vaccum seal and put up for later. :)

B

BBQueen

I have been running it for a couple of days at a time too. I have been using everything up rather quickly but I have been keeping it in air tight containers or Ziploc style bags with all the air pressed out. I will be doing more of everything in the weeks to come.

fairyson

I had taken a stab at utilizing plastic sandwich sacks to hold their stuff, yet that extremely just worked with puzzles. I could name the sack with the name of the riddle and even my littlest had the option to coordinate the two effectively and self-direct his own play time. In any case, the various toys truly didn't fit into packs and they didn't store without any problem.