• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

FNG here, just checking in . . .

IRQVET

Hello everyone,

New member here from the Florida panhandle. I'm an advid BBQ'er and I also do a alot of beef jerky. As a kid, I grew up next door to a pretty big name on the Food Network (name withheld) but I've met several celebrity chef types in my earlier years through him, so although I never wanted to do that for a living, I always thought what they did was pretty cool. But I prefer BBQ'ing over traditional cooking, so that's kinda what I like to do. But like all things in my life, I am no expert. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn around here.

I also have an interest in creating my own seasonings, I've only developed one, but I'm always looking to learn more. Rubs and brines are something I've never tried but I'm interested in learning.

Cheers.

Last edited:

bitpushr

Slow and Low
Staff member
Hello everyone,

New member here from the Florida panhandle. I'm an advid BBQ'er and I also do a alot of beef jerky. As a kid, I grew up next door to a pretty big name on the Food Network (name withheld) but I've met several celebrity chef types in my earlier years through him, so although I never wanted to do that for a living, I always thought what they did was pretty cool. But I prefer BBQ'ing over traditional cooking, so that's kinda what I like to do. But like all things in my life, I am no expert. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn around here.

I also have an interest in creating my own seasonings, I've only developed one, but I'm always looking to learn more. Rubs and brines are something I've never tried but I'm interested in learning.

Cheers.
Welcome to the club! BBQ is my favorite. Wish I had more time to experiment.

Do you have any favorite rubs you are willing to share?

Przemek

Administrator
Staff member
Hola Amigo! If you love BBQ as much as we do, that's definitely a place for you! You will find plenty of recipes, tips, and great products here!

IRQVET

Good Cajan Rub I use on chicken: (4 brests)

2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
.5 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
.5 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper

Mix together and let them commingle for a few hours in a bowl or dish prior to use.

This is the only rub I've used, but its money every time! I usually blacken it in a cast iron pan for 3 minutes on each side, then bake it off for 40 minutes in the oven.

(Can we discuss baking on a BBQ forum, rofl.)

The Freshness