• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Fry Daddy

S

smokinhog

Do any of you still have a Fry Daddy? We do and although we don't eat a lot of fried food anymore, "Daddy" still comes in handy. French fries and onion rings are wonderful fresh out of the "Daddy." Don't you think?

G

grillin_n_chillin

We've got a Fry Daddy and we use ours a pretty good bit. The hubby has a thing for homemade french fries and I have a thing for fried chicken. We don't eat either very often but when you're craving either one, nothing else will do! And the Fry Daddy makes it so much easier than trying to cook either one in a frying pan.

B

Briquet

No, we don't own a deep fat fryer. It's better for us this way. ;) Whenever I want something deep fat fried, I go to mother-in-law's house or I go out to eat.

K

Kateri

I have had a Fry Daddy for so many years now. In fact, my sister has the Fry Baby. I usually end up using this a lot to make fries, because there is nothing better than fries hot out of the deep fryer. I tried a few years back to get healthy and cook the fries in the oven, but they just didn't come out crispy enough and they seemed to have that metal cookie sheet taste. I wouldn't trade my fryer in for anything!

G

grillin_n_chillin

I have had a Fry Daddy for so many years now. In fact, my sister has the Fry Baby. I usually end up using this a lot to make fries, because there is nothing better than fries hot out of the deep fryer. I tried a few years back to get healthy and cook the fries in the oven, but they just didn't come out crispy enough and they seemed to have that metal cookie sheet taste. I wouldn't trade my fryer in for anything!

The Fry Baby? Is that like a mini Fry Daddy?! Is that a real thing?! :eek: If so I'm gonna have to have one!!!

I know what you mean about the fries; I ate them oven-baked growing up (for health reasons) and then married a man who insists on having them home-fried. They really are better that way.

J

joshposh

No I never had one. But I use to go to my friends house a lot and he had a regular deep fryer that he use to cook out of all the time. He made fried chicken and french fries. I should of bought one a long time ago, but never got around doing it. My loss I guess.