• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Green Tomato Pie

C

Charcoal

I have never had green tomato pie, and I wasn't sure whether all of you have tried it, so I thought I should share this recipe. It looks interesting and is something new to me, at least.

R

rayne

That sounds interesting Charcoal. I guess if you were over run with green tomatoes this would be a good thing. Have you ever had fried green tomatoes? We love those served with milk gravy. Yum!

B

ber4

Interesting... I have had a fried green tomato and I didn't like it. I will try anything once though. I am going to pass this recipe on to my brother. He will make the pie.

T

TopChef

I love fried green tomatoes. I was interested in this pie until I looked at the recipe. I have heard of using green tomatoes in a similar fashion as apples for a pie, but it does not appeal. I thought the recipe would be similar to tomato pie. That is usually a heavy layer of ripe tomato slices with some mayonnaise and cheese. I like some tomato pie recipes.