• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Griddle for the campfire?

T

TopChef

I think I remember one time when I was camping with a group someone had a griddle to use over the campfire. I am convinced I recall pancakes over the open fire. Does such a think exist? Or was this some pancake-y deliciousness dream I had?

Cappy

I am an out doorsy kind of guy with outdoorsy kind of friends and almost every body I know has a griddle. some stainless some like mine black iron. Though I mostly use mine now adays over a 2 burner propane camp stove. It has been used many countless times on a open fire. I know guys that have big ole stainless flat tops wood fired and turn out enough flap jacks to feed a troup of hungry boy scouts and thats complete with bacon and sausage all over fire\. so no you aint dreaming:yo:

H

Hilt

We have never used a griddle out in the woods but the idea seems fitting now. We have always kept ours at home. What size do you use Cappy?

Cappy

My griddle is a 17 inch double griddle made by a company called wagner. It has 1892 written on the back and it could be, cause I got it from my dad who got it from his grandfather. I was gonna take a pic but I am ashamed to say when I just went get it a dirt dobber wasp had built a nest on it and it is showing a lil rust. I was embarrassed by this and now plan to re cure it next time I fire up the pit.

The Freshness