This is a recipe that we have been making all summer long on the grill and it is delicious! We are a meat and potatoes kind of family so if you throw this and a couple of foil wrapped potatoes on the grill we are good to go!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves. Place a sheet of
- heavy-duty foil in center of grill. Place meat loaves on foil (do
- not seal foil).
- Prepare grill for indirect heat; grill meat, covered, over indirect
- medium heat for 50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a
- meat thermometer reads 160°. Brush tops with additional ketchup
- if desired. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2
- loaves (4 servings each).