• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Grilled sausage, zucchini and tomato soup

R

rubadub

Have you ever tried anything like this? My family loves soup and we love to grill so I tried some new things. This is what I found:

Use extra ripe tomatoes and cut them in half. Brush them with olive oil and then toss them on the grill.
Grill up potatoes - cut them in quarters and brush with oil and place in tin foil.
Grill zucchini - pretty much the same way as potatoes.
Grill sausage - do it how you normally do it.
You can grill all of these things for dinner but do extra for your soup.

Toss all of these things in a large kettle and let it cook. Of course you can add extra things to the soup but this is a great start.

M

Mason

Great idea. I've never thought to pre-grill the ingredients you would normally put into a soup, but I'll bet it gives the soup a very distinct flavor.

O

ohiotom76

This sounds delicious, especially if you are looking to cut back on your carbs (well, sans potatoes I guess, but perhaps you could use something like celery root instead).

I noticed you didn't mention anything about a broth or other liquid to make it all into a soup. Do you typically add chicken broth to the kettle along with the grilled ingredients?

Also, I was kind of curious why you would wrap the zucchini in foil to cook instead of putting it directly on the grill to get grill marks.