• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Grilling for one?

B

Burg14

My mom loves to eat grilled foods. She lives alone so she doesn't want to fire up the grill. Anyone have any tips that I can share with her about grilling for one? I told her to grill enough food to have leftovers a couple of times.

G

grillin_n_chillin

A small grill and maybe a pound of meat or so should be fine for her. A single pound of ground beef, for example, won't make more than 3-4 hamburgers and could easily be cooked on a tabletop grill.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
I'm the main eater of ribs, just recently my daughter started to enjoy them. However I hate setting up the offset to do a small amount of ribs, so I cook three racks and save the rest for later. Lots of stuff you can do that with besides ribs.

Another option is a small two burner grill. You should be able to pick one up for under $150 at your local big box store like Home Depot. Big enough for one or two people.

If it is just burgers or hot dogs a nice cast iron pan does wonders.

johnoliver2030

My mom loves to eat grilled foods. She lives alone so she doesn't want to fire up the grill. Anyone have any tips that I can share with her about grilling for one? I told her to grill enough food to have leftovers a couple of times.
yes she can buy a offset grill. I also live alone and i use offset grill for grilling food because its automatic grill no need of charcoal to fire up the grill. just click one button and the grill is ready for grilling. its the
best combo for people who live alone

Last edited by a moderator:

Przemek

Administrator
Staff member
I would recommend getting either a grilled pan, an indoor grill, or an air fryer air grill. You can find the recommendations for all of these products on the backyard boss website!