• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Ham soup!

B

ber4

I am trying my hand at my moms famous ham soup today. I sure hope it turns out. She just puts the ham bone in the broth and simmers it for hours. She adds a bit of water too. After a couple of hours she adds cut up carrots, potatoes, celery, onions and ham. About an hour before it is done she adds egg noodles. I hope mine turns out like hers.

G

grillqueen79

That sounds really good! How did your soup turn out? I'll bet it would be really good with some cornbread on the side. I make a bean and ham soup that sounds kind of similar.

B

Ben

Yup, that sounds good! That's exactly how it should go, my mom makes that one all the time. One year, I remember I had a Honey Baked Ham and I got the split pea soup mix they sell. Well, after I got done eating that ham, I did exactly this same recipe and voila! Split pea ham soup was ready and delicious!

B

Briquet

Yes, come back and tell us how it turned out! It certainly sounds tasty. I have some leftover ham I need to use up, so maybe I will make soup as well.

The Freshness