• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Homemade Iced Coffee

F

FireBrick

To help beat the sweltering heat, we made iced coffee. It was a simple yet refreshing drink. We put ice cubes on a pitcher. Fill the pitcher with chilled coffee then pour flavored liquid coffee creamer!

D

dconklin

I only recently started drinking iced coffee, within the last couple years. I never liked coffee that got cold on me so I always thought that iced coffee was going to be the same as coffee that cooled off on me. Somebody talked me into trying it and I loved it :)

L

LoveThatBBQ

This is something that I have never tried myself. I have lots of friends that love it. I just may go ahead and give it a try and see if I might like it. :)

S

shaun

The best iced coffee I've ever had was in a cafe in Italy, i wish I knew how they made it - one of the best taste experiences I've ever had! I'm sure they used ice cream because it was very creamy, but they may have used a similar method to you, I guess I will never know.

M

Mrs. Pirz

I lucked out on this one. My husband bought me a Keurig almost 2 years ago and we just purhse the flavored iced coffee mixes and its ready in seconds! I used to make it with cooled off coffee in a pitcher with a bit of cream and sugar before but now I don't have to go through the hassle of waiting for anything to cool. It just brews right over ice and its perfect every time!

R

rollybooz

Ice coffee is about the best beverage you could get on a hot day! Besides cooling you down, it also serves to get rid of the lethargy that always accompanies warm weather! For my version of iced coffee, I usually would make about 1 and a half cup of strong coffee and then pour this into a blender of ice cubes, blending them into a nice slurry! The thick consistency and rich aroma of the ice cold coffee is the best thing you could wish for! Top it off with some whipped cream if you're in the mood and perhaps you could just forsake Starbucks for good!

D

dissn_it

We love having iced coffee on hot days and our weather has finally hit summer temperatures here. I have never tried to make my own before but will have to give it a try this week. It would sure be a lot cheaper than buying it!

G

grillqueen79

I am hoping for a Keurig for Christmas! I have been drinking the Starbucks kind you buy at the grocery store, but they are pretty pricey. I just bought the new International Coffee iced coffee drink yesterday, but I haven't tried it yet.

B

BBQueen

I do this by the glass all the time. Sometimes I put cooled strong brewed coffee and ice in the blender with creamer and make a frapuccino type drink. I like those types of things in the summer.

J

Jenine

I've done this before. My favorite liquid creamers are hazelnut and french vanilla. I can't drink 7-Eleven iced coffee anymore, however. The last time I did it, I had some indigestion problems and I kept going to the bathroom for a good portion of the night because I drunk some water afterwards.

N

nene5

I am not a big coffee drinker. I think I might be a bit sensitive to the caffeine. I do however like hot cocoa.

G

GwapaLala

Another trick someone told me about iced coffee is to make some coffee and pour them in the ice tray so that it gets extra flavorful when you pour coffee in the glass/pitcher. However, I pour Swiss Miss on the ice tray, let them freeze and toss them on my coffee! Mocha express!

S

shaun

I think of a kind of coffee ice cream when I think of iced coffee. It's not quite ice cream but it is similar, it's not like an iced tea. Are we thinking of the same thing? The iced cafe I had is called affogato, it's like an espresso gelato. You have to try it if you like coffee!

T

TopChef

How funny. We just made two batches of iced coffee yesterday! I pour the hot coffee in a pitcher and sweeten while it is hot. Then, when it has cooled, I pour it over ice and add milk.

I love the idea of putting it with ice in the blender!

J

jovan107

Iced coffee is great; however, I do not use any sweeteners when I make it and it still tastes great.

mrbob0310

Thank you, for telling me how can I make iced coffee at home I am looking for something like this as it is much more expensive to order a coffee online every day as late at night I am busy with my work is smm reseller panel and I need a coffee to charge myself. Thorugh your blog I came to know how can I make at home I will try this and le I know about it.