• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Honey Cornbread Muffins

D

Diane Lane

I'm going to be grilling up some pork chops and potatoes this week, so I made a batch of honey cornbread muffins to go along with them. I'd never tried this recipe before, but I liked the idea of making them from scratch, since I usually use a mix. I don't mind a salty taste, so they were fine for me, but if I make them again, I will cut back on the salt, or remove it entirely. The butter I used was salted, and that should provide sufficient salt flavor, in my opinion. I really enjoy the hint of sweetness provided by the honey, and I would recommend this recipe, with that one change. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/honey-cornbread-muffins-recipe.html

O

oportosanto

Those look delicious just by reading the description, I also like a salty taste on the food.

L

L_B

I will have to give these a try. I like corn bread but have never made it. I usually buy it or have it when I am out at a restaurant that serves it. I would probably cut out the salt too especially if I use salted butter.

O

oportosanto

The same with me, I usually also buy it, but homemade has to taste even better.