• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Honey Mustard Roasted Red Potatoes

O

ohiotom76

Tried this recipe yesterday for something different, and was pretty pleased with the results. This is a slight modification from the recipe on the bag, but everything is really to taste as you see fit.

1 pound of small to medium red potatoes, quartered
2 Tablesoons of melted butter
1 Tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper or to taste

Grease a baking sheet or baking dish big enough for the potatoes to fit snugly but not overlap, and add potatoes. In a small dish, melt the butter then stir in remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly. Pour evenly over potatoes and toss them gently. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 45 min to an hour until fork tender and golden - stirring at least 2-3 times during cooking, so they are evenly coated with the honey butter mustard mixture, and brown evenly.

This is basically the same as the original recipe only I upped the mustard powder and added onion powder, in addition to specific amounts for the salt and pepper (the original just said a pinch, which wasn't enough).

Some other reviewers on similar recipes mentioned that they parboiled their potatoes for a few minutes first for better results. I may try this since the insides of the potato were a bit dry and pasty, but I was initially worried the parboiling might cause the skins to start peeling off.

A

apes

I love red potatoes, in fact they are the only ones I eat. I am not really into any mustard but I would try this. Can you taste the mustard much or maybe just a hint of it?

L

L_B

I have to try these. I love red potatoes and honey mustard is my favorite sauce. I can't get enough of it. I don't like just mustard but I love honey mustard. It is so good!