• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Ice cream on a bun

J

JohnB

This is an interesting idea, but I eat enough ice cream the old-fashioned ways, on a cone or in a dish. Adding one more way to eat ice cream would not be good for my waist line or my overall health. Nothing is as good as ice cream.

A

Athenagdlyt

I am Filipino and I see this ice and cream and bun combination peddled on many streets. I don't like it. It's just too messy for me. If it's a bread and ice cream combo, I would prefer having a scoop of ice cream on top of a thick french toast. That way, it is easier to slice and scoop.

C

Canbeef

I've tried this one in Asia too. My mother's Filipino so she made me try this once too. I liked it but I think ice cream is much better on top of a hot waffle.
On a waffle sounds good, maybe with strawberries and syrup! Making me hungry with that one. I would say that the ice cream on toasted bun probably tastes a lot better than it sounds. I'm going to try this on my kids and see if they like it.

L

L_B

This sounds very different to me and my first thought I will admit was ewwwww but now I am intrigued and I really want to give it a try. It could actually be good.

C

Cheryl Wilkins

I have tries this a lot. Sesame bread with ice cream. Its soft and somehow crunchy because of sesame seeds.

O

oportosanto

Mmm, really? Doesn't seem a perfect match, but if you guys are going for it it means it has to be good? :)

The Freshness