• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Left over pizza?

I

iamwhoiam

Have you ever experienced having left over bread and spaghetti sauce and not really wanting to throw it away? This is not really just for spaghetti sauce any left over will do.

What you need:
Bread (any kind)
images

For me,we usually have loaf bread so that works for me.
Cheese (any kind)
Spaghetti sauce
Meat left overs

How to do it:
Spread the spaghetti left over on top of the bread.
Cut the meat leftovers into small pieces and place them on top of the bread with the spaghetti sauce.
Grate cheese on top of the bread you are making.
Pop it in the toaster and you got a good left over pizza.
images

B

Burg14

Wow! That looks amazing. I have never used spaghetti sauce for pizza - is it a close match for pizza sauce? My kids want pizza all the time and it's expensive to order out all the time. I am going to try this the next time we have Italian bread.

I

iamwhoiam

Wow! That looks amazing. I have never used spaghetti sauce for pizza - is it a close match for pizza sauce? My kids want pizza all the time and it's expensive to order out all the time. I am going to try this the next time we have Italian bread.

Well that really depends on how you make your spaghetti. But if its just plain spaghetti sauce out of the box its not really that close. You just have to compliment it with the leftovers and the cheese. I used to make like a classic Hawaiian pizza with spaghetti sauce,since the sauce was a bit sweet I overloaded the bread with cheese and it turned out ok.

M

MsrCfsg

MMM that looks great. For some reason I thought this thread was going to tell me what to do with my left over pizza. This is just as well.

I

iamwhoiam

MMM that looks great. For some reason I thought this thread was going to tell me what to do with my left over pizza. This is just as well.

Thanks for appreciating just as well. I actually have a recipe for leftover pizza's I am just not sure whether I can post it here since I only found it over the web.I will be sending you the link in private.

R

R. Paradon

That reminds me of when I was a kid in elementary school. I usually ate lunch in the cafeteria and that is what they called pizza. It was on white bread and left-over tasteless spaghetti sauce. Terrible stuff!

Yours seems much better! :)

J

Jessi

Sounds good to me! We all love spaghetti so much, though, that there's never any left, hehe. It sounds like a great way to finish up some leftovers without fixing the exact same dish again, though.

K

Kabob

This is a great way to use leftover spaghetti. My spaghetti sauce is somewhat like pizza sauce, only with a lot more added to it. I bet it could only make the pizza taste that much better.

F

FireBrick

We have tried using left over bread and meat to make pizza but I don't think we have ever used spaghetti sauce for the pizza. It doesn't sound a bad idea though.

S

shaun

This is a cool idea if you have leftover tomato sauce and cheese, , I like making use of leftovers. I'm sure it is very tasty. What kind of bread works best? Do you think it would work well with pita bread? I have some pita bread I could use.

D

dissn_it

This is a good way to use up leftover spagetti sauce and meats. I would have never thought of trying to make a pizza with just bread, sauce, meat and cheese. Great idea!

I

iamwhoiam

This is a cool idea if you have leftover tomato sauce and cheese, , I like making use of leftovers. I'm sure it is very tasty. What kind of bread works best? Do you think it would work well with pita bread? I have some pita bread I could use.

As far as breads go,well everything worked well for me. I have used regular loaf breads, french breads, left over croissants and even pita bread. Interesting part is even thou most of the time my sauce and meats are the same, the flavors actually change depending on the type pf bread you use.

J

Jacko

Wow! They look so nice and tasty! Thanks for this recipe man. This would be great for my family when they want pizza! Thank you so much for sharing this!

H

Hilt

Nice idea. At first I thought you were talking about delivered pizza and we actually had some of that over the weekend. Those cheesy bite pieces, I think Pizza hut makes them. Just a note, they are not good the next day around.

R

reycags

yeah, i do that also. it is more cheap and so delicious. haha Im doing it with toasted breads and put many cheese on it. YUM!

S

shaun

As far as breads go,well everything worked well for me. I have used regular loaf breads, french breads, left over croissants and even pita bread. Interesting part is even thou most of the time my sauce and meats are the same, the flavors actually change depending on the type pf bread you use.

Croissants, wow, not an obvious combination with pizza toppings, but I think it would be delicious. Similar to using a brioche bun for a burger. Out of all the breads you have used, what is your favorite? Have you ever tried bagels?

B

beckyv1265

My kids also love this. I make pizza pockets with refrigerator biscuits. I put the meat ,sauce and cheese in the middle and seal it then bake. I split each biscuit in half first. So 1 can makes 16 pizza pockets.

J

Jenine

Hey I might make this with some mozzarella cheese. But, I might put this in a toaster oven instead of a regular toaster. It'll just fall apart if it's in a toaster.

M

Mrs. Pirz

Ive tried this back in my teenage years when making a pizza seemed so far fetched and honestly its a flavor that I like. It reminds me of school pizzas which in my area were actually pretty tasty. I would consider this a "throwback" recipe

I

iamwhoiam

Croissants, wow, not an obvious combination with pizza toppings, but I think it would be delicious. Similar to using a brioche bun for a burger. Out of all the breads you have used, what is your favorite? Have you ever tried bagels?
Yes I have already tried bagels they are great specially if you cut it in half and just use the sauce of the spaghetti leaving out the meat,then add in sliced ham,cheese and a bit of pineapple to make a classic Hawaiian pizza.
My favorite would be plain loaf breads,since they do not have much flavor in them,the bread pretty much evens out the leftovers that I use.

The Freshness