• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Left over pizza?

S

saucygal

This is an innovative use of excess! A real "poor man's" pizza. People could save a lot of money if only they weren't afraid to get creative with the leftovers.

I

iamwhoiam

This is an innovative use of excess! A real "poor man's" pizza. People could save a lot of money if only they weren't afraid to get creative with the leftovers.

Yes it is actually a simple yet a fun dish that every one can play with. There is no actual limit for the recipe. Everyone makes a unique kind of spaghetti and BBq or cook dishes differently so what might be good for me,might turn out to be better on your end.
The variations are limited to your imagination and leftovers of course.:D

W

Waynefire

I have had this before, but usually by the time I get to eat it my kids already have it eaten. So I do not get to have any of the leftovers which are around my table.

R

Rose @ Walnut Acre

I do something similar and we call it pizza bread. The kids love it and it uses up the old bread and leftover pasta sauce. And it's fast and easy to make. A win all the way around.

I

iamwhoiam

I do something similar and we call it pizza bread. The kids love it and it uses up the old bread and leftover pasta sauce. And it's fast and easy to make. A win all the way around.

I think pizza bread is the more proper term,thank you for reminding me I did my best to remember the name of my share. Thank you again.

Yesterday I just discovered something really cool, White sauce on bread! I always was a fan of spaghetti,but the other day there was so much white sauce and it was just a shame to throw those away. Bought a couple of french breads and made my usual pizza,except that I did not add anything except for mushrooms and overloaded it with cheese. Everything turned out soo well that I am now a fan of white sauce and planning of making them more often.

R

rollybooz

This is exactly what I do whenever I want some pizza but lack the time to make it from scratch! I've never actually made this because of having leftovers but I do make them simply because I want a quick pizza fix! Pasta sauce works just as well as a pizza base sauce and being able to add whatever I want onto a ready base of bread slices just makes this so convenient and fast. I love seafood, so I usually add chunks of tuna, shrimp bits, crabsticks, suqid pieces and onions onto the bread base, grate whatever cheese I see in the fridge over the whole mess of toppings and bake it! Really quick and easy way to satisfy any cravings for pizza!

J

Ja'cobeC

This is why I love the site so much because people come up with some good ideas lol. This is another recipe I have to give a try when I get the chance too. Can you do it with chicken meat?

G

GwapaLala

Our college cafeteria served something like this but it also had another version called pizza rolls which was just basically white loaf bread, spaghetti sauce, ham and cheese - and then it was rolled and deep fried. Good stuff. :)

J

jovan107

Wow, this looks amazing. Thank you for sharing this recipe. The next time I have any left over bread and meat, I will make a pizza.

E

Epicfied

Wow, this is a great idea. I absolutely love spaghetti though, so if I have leftover sauce, it's a surprise.
I'll definitely have to try this out at some point though if Ihave all the left overs. :)

D

difrancprod

This is so awesome! I love pizza and this idea is brilliant! No need to throw food with this recipe! Thanks for sharing this. :)

A

Athenagdlyt

Great idea. We have been eating spaghetti for the past 2 days because I over estimated the volume of sauce made. The kids got tired of eating pasta. I'm going to follow your advice and will be buying bread later. I'll be adding some cold cuts and various cheeses. I'm sure the sauce will be finished before the day is over. Thanks!

The Freshness