• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Looking for a bigger rotisserie basket.

My migraine

Hubby and I have been grilling for our family for our entire married life. Started out on a little 18" Weber junior, we've graduated up as the family's grown. We've now got 5-burner propane and a beautiful smoker. Oh brisket.... Here's my question, don't worry I'll get there. Somewhere along the way, I bought a basket for a then cheap rotisserie. I now have a beefy motor that can turn anything! Even came into service on a prop or two a couple of Halloweens when the thrift store/big box models gave out. (Now have two of them) The basket is great! It's 17" long and nearly 8 " wide. I want a bigger one for when the kids come home with their plus-ones, etc. I don't like cooking in it twice. Does anyone know where a bigger one can be found? Or even two small ones I can combine. My grill is nearly 36" inside width.

tiewunon

- Are you looking for a "flat", "round", or a "hexagon" basket?
- I quickly looked at spitjack thinking for sure they would have what you were looking for. Surprised they had zilch.
- I have seen running two baskets on 1 spitrod. I have done it on my Hastybake Gourmet on the top spit rod,
while spinning Picanha on the lower spitrod.

tiewunon

- Got trigger happy and forgot to mention I went Fill It and Grill It Baskets which are round and SS. A bit pricey but pretty stout and come in multiple spitrod diameter sizes. You can also add a divider in your basket if you desire.
- Onlyfire has some nice options on baskets also.
- I also have an el cheapo flat basket that sees a grunch of work. Great for fish and chicken thighs.

My migraine

I will definitely try your suggestions! Thanks. I am looking for a flat basket. Mostly for chicken and fish. I have a pretty good size loose basket for veggie chunks and wings but for larger pieces of chicken in the volume I cook when all the family is home, I either end up doing two loosely packed baskets worth or my hubby has to sit and watch them and oh my manually flip them. It's a thing he sometimes hates doing due to their longer cook time, especially in our Minnesota winters...

Last edited:

tiewunon

- There are so many options on flat baskets all I can say is get one that has simular dimmensions. See a bunch of 15-16" options but the widths are all over the place from 1-3".
- A fun thing to play around with on the Rotis is a rotisserie wheel for shesh kabobs. I had one given to me that turns 8 kebabos.
I really enjoy rotis cooking its the forgotten outdoor cooking method. I do lots of grilling and smoking with all my cookers but enjoy rotising on the hastybake and the PK with the Carson Rodizio. Nothing like a spun bird, ribeye roast or picanha.

bitpushr

Slow and Low
Staff member
- There are so many options on flat baskets all I can say is get one that has simular dimmensions. See a bunch of 15-16" options but the widths are all over the place from 1-3".
- A fun thing to play around with on the Rotis is a rotisserie wheel for shesh kabobs. I had one given to me that turns 8 kebabos.
I really enjoy rotis cooking its the forgotten outdoor cooking method. I do lots of grilling and smoking with all my cookers but enjoy rotising on the hastybake and the PK with the Carson Rodizio. Nothing like a spun bird, ribeye roast or picanha.
Wow, this is really great advice!

Great tip on the rotisserie wheel.