• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Low Sodium Salad Dressing

K

Kenzie

Due to some blood pressure issues, hubby has to really watch his sodium intake these days. He came across this salad dressing recipe that he loves and has a very low sodium content.
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tbs. horseradish
I put all this in my Magic Bullet for a few seconds and he's got his favorite dressing and lower blood pressure.

H

Hilt

I kind of like that and might need to give it a go. For years I worried about my sodium intake because I think I could really live off of starches and that is really the only time I use salt, but compared to most I tend to overdo it.

R

Renee

I also try to cut back on sodium and I found that I got used to no-salt dishes really quickly. I also noticed that with enough vinegar or lemon juice, I don't notice the lack of salt at all. I even learned to appreciate the taste of pure herbs and spices better.

This dressing looks great!

B

Briquet

I agree, Renee. This dressing recipe looks worth trying. I love horseradish but have never had it in salad dressing. I bet it perks up the salad.

The Freshness