This was a recipe that we tried this week and it was quite tasty! I thought with all of the icy weather we have been having across the country that some of you might like a nice warm stew recipe.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey, diced or shredded
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans ready-cut diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans or 1 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan until tender.
- Add cooked chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies.
- Blend broth and cornstarch; add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cornbread for a hearty meal.