• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Morning after campfire breakfast

B

ber4

We had a big party on Saturday night. My daughter had 6 friends spend the night. They were amazed when we made breakfast over the campfire. We used foil packets. I combined potatoes, onions and peppers in some of them (butter of course). We also made scrambled eggs over the fire (pan). When they were all done we combined the eggs with the potatoes. The kids were in heaven. Anyone else make anything like this over a campfire?

E

evelynmcgregor

We had a really bad tornado through North Alabama several years ago and it took out the power for most of the area for a week or more for most of us. Needless to say, for those of us with electric stoves there was a lot of innovative cooking. I was so sick of breakfast, lunch and dinner on the grill for a week that it was hard to even look at the grill. But there was something about the taste of eggs, bacon and biscuits done on the grill that occasionally, I get to wanting them cooked like that!

W

WarmerWeather

I've cooked a camp fire breakfast in the past, but it was in mess tins that I then ate out of, and I was childless and in the middle of a forest with the air force. I just had to cook my own food over a fire that was already going, so my experience is limited.

B

Burg14

We experiment with a lot of breakfast foods over the campfire. My kids love breakfast foods. I will have to try this one. Anyone know if you can toss some eggs in foil and cook them in the campfire?

W

WarmerWeather

I've cooked eggs in foil (with veggies too) in the oven, so I don't see why not. There wouldn't be that huge a difference with doing it on a camp fire instead of the oven.

J

JillyBilly

Eggs on a pan over a campfire is a perfect way to start the day! I've done this on the fire pit we have in the back yard. Always makes me feel like I'm camping :)

C

Canbeef

Do the eggs taste any different or just like pan fried eggs? I like the idea of putting potatoes, peppers and onions in a foil packet on the grill, I bet it tasted fantastic!

The Freshness