• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

My Latest Experiment On The Grill

A

Amanda35

I love to create and experiment with new recipes in general. Sometimes they turn out great and sometimes not so great :D Last weekend I tried something new. I am sure a similar recipe already exists, but it was the first time for me.

I peeled apples and pears, mixed them with some sugar and cinnamon, wrapped them in aluminum foil then I put everything on the grill. After that, I got the fruits out of the aluminum foil, they were all caramelized and delicious, then I put vanilla ice cream on top. It was awesome!

P

Polly

That sounds good Amanda35. I'd love to make that as a topping for pound cake. A little bit of caramel sauce and the family would gobble it up.

Cappy

They are really good that way. Next time try using light brown sugar a few pats of butter and maybe add a hand full of nuts. also if ya make like a boat for them to sit in instead of a packet they can pick up some smokey flavor from the grill

L

L_B

They both sound really good Amanda35 and Cappy. I have never really grilled any desserts but there ones sound simple to make and very good. I know my grandchildren would love them! I love coming to this site and finding all these new, yummy things to try. The possibilities are endless when it comes to grilling! :)

The Freshness