• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Omelet Casserole

B

BobbyBoberry

That's what we call this and we love it. We will have it for dinner every now and again when we're in a hurry. First you fry up some hashbrown shreds with onion, green and red peppers. Cook until almost done and drain and blot the hashbrowns. Use as many eggs as you think will cover the hashbrowns and whisk them until light and fluffy. Place the hasbrowns back in the skillet and pour the eggs on top. Cover and lower the heat so the eggs cook through. When eggs are done, sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and cover off of the heat. Let the cheese melt and it's a feast fit for a king.

S

smokinhog

That does sound good. Have you ever tried baking this in the over rather than keeping it in the frying pan? I'm just wondering if you could prepare it ahead of time, and pop it in the oven when the time comes. I may give that a try and let you know.

C

Charcoal

That sounds yummy and worth a try. What we sometimes make is ham and cheese omelet casserole, and we bake it. In a bowl, mix together beaten eggs, milk, cooked spinach, diced ham, and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a dish and bake in the oven.

J

JohnB

We love omelets, so this recipe is right up our alley. We also love eating breakfast for dinner, so this one's definitely in our future for a main meal. Do you make your own hash browns or use a packaged mix?

O

ohiotom76

This sounds very much like a frittata. Do you finish it off in the oven, or just leave it on the burner with the lid on to finish cooking through?

I will admit, when I first read the title for this recipe, I had some mental image of layers of egg omelette in a casserole dish, with filling between them - much like a lasagna, which may also be an interesting thing to attempt. I'm not sure how the layers of egg would hold up though, vs. something like a noodle.

Tarkan

i always prefer scrambled eggs with tomato and little bite of garlic and chilli as breakfast, but i am looking for the recipe of spanish omelet nowadays, the original one :)

The Freshness