• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Orange and Goat Cheese Salad

R

Renee

Once upon a time I saw goat cheese on sale and I bought more than I bargained for. A few days before the expiration date I still had a lot left over and I also had a lot of oranges in the fridge. To my surprise, it turned out that those two can be mixed. And the results are amazing! The origins of this salad are Moroccan, though I modify the riginal recipe depending on what I have on hand. This is the variation I made yesterday:

- 3 oranges (I prefer mine sour, but sweet ones will do in a pinch)
- 200g Goat Cheese (can be replaced with Feta cheese and it's delicious, too)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Provance herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, etc.)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, sugar, pepper

Cut orange wedges into slices, dice the cheese. Make sauce from the rest of ingredients, adding herbs generously. Mix everything, let sit for half an hour for the juices and herbs to mix.

O

ohiotom76

Oh this sounds delicious! I had heard of Orange and Red Onion salads before, but never tried them before. The addition of Goat Cheese sounds like it would really put this over the top. Do you segment the oranges to remove the white parts? Or just simply separate by their natural wedges?

The Freshness