• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Orange pecan cookies

T

Tessa

My sister in law made some AMAZING cookies this year. I begged her for the recipe, and I was pretty stunned by how simple it is.

2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups chopped candied pecans

Roll in chopped candied pecans and bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes (until edges are lightly browned).

Reactions: Ben
B

Ben

Holy moly that looks amazing! I always have room for my cookies! I like the fact that she used real butter instead of margarine. I stopped using that garbage years ago after we found out what it does to your heart. Candied pecans? Those are right up my alley.

T

Tessa

Not only that, but butter tends to make for better-tasting cookies overall. They're lighter and fluffier, just right. The taste is off with a lot of vegetable oil spreads. I don't like them, either.

I tried making a batch, and I recommend going a little heavier with the orange extract. I doubled it for my second round, and a bolder orange flavor really complements the pecans.