• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Patience with the Meat

B

Briquet

It took me a long time to get used to cooking meat in cast iron because I had a hard time waiting for the meat to release so it wouldn't stick. It really does work though! Did you have this problem when you started using cast iron?

W

WarmerWeather

I haven't had this problem. I use a squirt of olive oil spray on the pan though, and have the temperature nice and low to start with. I don't find that things stick like that.

G

Grill Master

When it comes to cooking my meat I have developed a lot of patience. It wasn't easy though. I ruined many a good piece of meat because I just couldn't wait to chow down.

B

ber4

I have never had that problem either. I don't use cast iron often though. What do you mean by releasing? Does your get stuck to the pan? I have always used patience when cooking meat. Slow and low seems to be the best way to cook it.

Cooking meat takes patience. It usually takes me a lot of time wherever I cook them. But often, they turn out well. Just have a good hands and patience on it. You'll get the hang of it soon.

E

evelynmcgregor

ber4,,, what is meant by the meat releasing is that when you first put the meat in the hot pan, it will stick. If you wait until it has developed the browing properly the meat will not stick when you turn it. Just test turning it occasionally until the meat frees itself from the pan. When I first started cooking, I did not know to let the meat cook until it developed that nice brown crust and spent a lot of time prying meat loose from the surface of the pan. Ugh.

B

BBQteabwoi

This is something that I have learned over the years that you have to have a lot of patience if you want your meat to be cooked to the best that it could be and patience is something that I do not have a lot of at times.

The Freshness