• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Propane Regulator Won't Reset

Porkbelly

I've got 2 full tanks, I've tried resetting the regulator probably 10 times, I've tried both tanks on my grill and my griddle and neither will let the propane flow at all. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

bitpushr

Slow and Low
Staff member
I've got 2 full tanks, I've tried resetting the regulator probably 10 times, I've tried both tanks on my grill and my griddle and neither will let the propane flow at all. Any thoughts on how to fix it?
Curious if it is new or if it has set outside for a long time? I assume you tried to clean it?

They are really the most important part on the grill, might make sense to get a new one if it isnt functioning properly.

Porkbelly

Curious if it is new or if it has set outside for a long time? I assume you tried to clean it?

They are really the most important part on the grill, might make sense to get a new one if it isnt functioning properly.
They are both fairly new. I swapped a tank out, the grill lit up no problem the first try. Swapped it to the griddle, nothing. Back to the grill and it won't work again either.

bitpushr

Slow and Low
Staff member
If it were me I would probably buy a new one (different brand) since there can be many areas where they will go bad, and it really depends on the construction quality.

If you want to try to save them, maybe contact the company where they were manufactured and ask for cleaning instructions for make sure they are cleaned out, and send back for warranty if possible.

The Freshness