• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Quesadilla skillet

T

TopChef

I was at Aldi yesterday and they had a cast iron quesadilla for a very cheap price. I was intrigued, but not sure I would use it enough to justify it taking up space in my cupboard.

Any suggestions for other uses? It was about an 8" round skillet with a very low lip.

S

sthrnfriedchick

I don't "do" one trick wonder items. You can easily make a quesadilla on a griddle or in any other kind of skillet. I do love a good quesadilla though. :)

E

evelynmcgregor

Why not do fried eggs on that skillet. Or grilled cheese sandwiches? Maybe even an omelet. How about pancakes? I prefer pans that are multi purpose. I have a small kitchen and do not have room for a pan that I would only use for one type of food.

C

Charred

I don't do the one trick items, either. A "quesadilla pan" sounds like a glorified (and more expensive) way of saying "frying pan." Skip the quesadilla pan and just get yourself a nice frying pan. ;)

M

MedRare

Is it one of those pans that fold over? Would you be able to use it for panini sandwiches? If it is only good for quesadillas then I wouldn't bother either.

R

romo

Can you make pancakes on this pan or will the batter pour out? The one that looks like a frying pan probably wouldn't be worth the expense but I have seen some that you can use to make panini sandwiches like MedRare said.

P

pennylane

I agree with others here-- unless it's a steal, I'd just stick to a full size pan. You can make a quesadilla in just about anything. Go for it if you think you'd use it to cook other foods though.

The Freshness