• The BBQGeeks Forum is now a part of the BackyardBoss family! In addition to BBQ, we will be building out the forums to include even more great discussions surrounding your backyard realm.

Rained out!

H

Hilt

We barely had time this weekend to finish getting all of the grass cut, weeds eaten and the trees trimmed then the rain came down. It lasted all weekend long, no grilling in our area. It was like a flash flood out of no where, anyone else having issues with the rain lately?

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Here is my old street. Do not live there anymore. I drained my pool a few times as it was over flowing. As you can see, I still got some grilling done. :) Love my covered porch.

Attachments

• 2012-06-24_17_14_37.jpg
    2012-06-24_17_14_37.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-06-24_17_46_47.jpg
    2012-06-24_17_46_47.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 306994_491240460892955_601563868_n.jpg
    306994_491240460892955_601563868_n.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 4
W

Waynefire

I have not had any rain issues in about 2 weeks. We are bone dry, my grandpa on the other hand is dealing with a lady named Debby. She is not being kind to him and left him with a flooded mess around his house.

G

grillqueen79

I know a lot of people south of us are drowning because of Debby but I sure do wish we could get a little rain up here.

D

dissn_it

We have had a very rainy spring and so far the summer has been the same! We have only had a few really nice days and hve not yet reached abouve 80 degrees. I have heard that Debby just doesn't want to leave you folks down south. She must really like it there.

M

Mrs. Pirz

It's been very rainy in Miami, luckily that gave us incredible results in our Mango Season! Our tourists don't look too happy though:eek:

N

novasparker

It hasn't rained here, significantly anyway, in what feels like forever. We got a little storm come through on Saturday, but it was mostly windy. My problem is that's been too hot to go outside and grill.

B

Burg14

We need rain! It was supposed to rain here yesterday and it did. I believe it rained for about 20 minutes total. It poured really so it did no good! We were able to cut the grass and do all the yard work.

D

dashboardc33

That stinks. It has been so dry here. We have been hoping for rain and haven't gotten any yet. The skies looked dark and gray today and the sun popped out after that. I was really expecting rain and wishing we would have gotten it too. My plants are not doing too well this year because it has been so dry and so hot.

D

dconklin

Bummer! We haven't really got much rain in quite a while here. We did finally have a storm where it literally rained sideways yesterday and it broke our 11 day excessive heat wave, but it wasn't enough rain to do anything with the ground here.

S

shaun

Yeah, it rained heavily this weekend. We planned to have a barbecue on Sunday because the weather forecast claimed it would be sunny in the afternoon, it wasn't. We were going to cook a lamb shoulder on the rotisserie over the grill, we roasted it in the oven instead.

A

Anna T

I hate when we get rained out when we had some fun grilling planned! But fortunately it's still possible to cook an awesome meal right in your kitchen. Unfortunately sometimes the weather forecast is not accurate.

J

Jenine

We're just starting to get a little more rain here in Maryland. A little over a week ago, there was a derecho thunderstorm that came in the overnight hours of June 29th and June 30th in the Mid-Atlantic region. The news made a big deal about this derecho because this type of storm is more common in the Midwest states than on the East Coast.

H

Hilt

We ended up with rain off and on during the week of the 4th, odd enough we got more thunder and lightening than rain and now we do need it. i can not believe the temp's we are reaching, Mother Earth is blazing!

T

TheMaster

I just bring the grill inside :p Kidding but actually having one of those mini grills that go right on a pan are pretty dang nice any of you ever seen it?

N

novasparker

well...I guess I should have been careful what I wished for. It hadn't rained here in months...until about a week ago. And it hasn't stopped since. I haven't been able to grill out in over a week and I think I am starting to go into withdrawals.

K

khartig

Well I thought the odds were in my favor, only a 30% chance of rain toady. So I got a beautifel tri-tip all trimmed and rubbed down this morning. Now across the tv screen scrolls a severe thunderstorm warning, great. Well if it isn't raining in about and hour, the coal are getting fired up any way. Won't be the first time I've 'qued in the rain.

E

evilmanikin

in houston it rained so bad my inlaws house flooded ...3 feet of water in 12 houses in the neighborhood

Frankson

There are areas where there is very little rain throughout the year, people living in those areas can use a technique through which they can save by using trees in their gardens.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Freshness